How would I grab a game's thumbnail to send it through HTTP to Discord?

I’m using a TOS-approved host which sends in-game data to the specified key and then send it through to Discord. However, I’m trying to figure out how I can grab a game’s thumbnail image and send that as well in an embed.

Any ideas?

Still couldn’t find a solution from other forum posts.

You could use The games api multiget-place-details api or a similar api to get the game universe id, then use the thumbnails api thumbnails to get the game thumbnail. You do need to make the request for multiget-place-details as an authenticated user though.
If you know the universe Id, than you can do the thumbnail request without being authenticated.

1 Like

I’m going to check it out right now. Where can I see how the API can be inserted in? There’s little to no documentation of fetching website game thumbnails for external purposes, so I’m not sure how this would work.

https://www.roblox.com/asset-thumbnail/image?assetId={PlaceIdHere}&width=768&height=432&format=png

Turns out this endpoint has been deprecated.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m aware of that; that why I’m trying to get the actual image by using the other API.

They are both get requests, on the documentation page if you try one out you can see how the request needs to be formatted. The responses are either plain text or json encoded depending on the API, in this case both of the linked apis return a json encoded table.

1 Like