How would I make a block follow another block?

Hello, developers.

I’m trying to make a script where a block would follow a block (kind of like a rocket seeking missile). I tried using a Humanoid and :MoveTo() but it doesn’t seem to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, but that’s not what I mean.

I mean like when you fire a rocket only that the rocket goes after something.

You may want to try this

2 Likes

Sometimes a transparent spring or rope between two objects does the job :slight_smile:

Consider RocketPropulsion, it sounds good, but I have never used (@Raretendoblox)

I have another idea:

Use a delayed position save of the target, e.g. delay(savePositionToV3, 0.1) and make the rocket follow this saved position in a loop.

So it will follow the exact same path as target. You can add some random effect like varying the delay time or you allow some moving from the exact saved position.

This is the kind of thing you can search for first or attempt before posting.

Indeed if you’re wanting something that acts like a Rocket that has seeking capabilities, I believe @Raretendoblox’s suggestion would work best as that’s the purpose of RocketPropulsion

Sometimes a transparent spring or rope between two objects does the job

Consider RocketPropulsion, it sounds good, but I have never used

I have another idea:

Use a delayed position save of the target, e.g. delay(savePositionToV3, 0.1) and make the rocket follow this saved position in a loop.

So it will follow the exact same path as target. You can add some random effect like varying the delay time or you allow some moving from the exact saved position.