How's my first ever model in blender?

I know it’s pretty bad but I did my best! What do you guys think?

6 Likes

idk why… but i find it funny and cool :wink:

3 Likes

same it’s cool though right, I like how it has horns and the legs are nice.

1 Like

its his first model, no need to be so harsh that’s pretty good for an first model, i’d pefer the head to be different, but the lower body is good

2 Likes

It’s better than my first work.

1 Like

You’re not giving constructive criticism, this is purely just mean and rude, just have better manners next time, this is his first model anyways.

3 Likes

Why do I feel like every time I post something or make a topic someone starts fighting?

The DevForum itself says “Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.” probably why :man_shrugging:

Hey, I’m loving the idea, it looks like a dinosaur, try using loop cuts (ctrl r in edit mode) and use keybinds like g to extrude, s to scale, etc. This helps you make it from one more detailed and better looking mesh and you can separate the mesh at the end if you want.

1 Like

You really should watch a few tutorials, as right now, you aren’t really leveraging the advantages of Blender, like the finer control over vertices. You’re treating it like Roblox studio.

3 Likes

You should probably learn some of the hotkeys and what they do(obviously), but I’m really looking forward to see your progress

2 Likes

It looks good for a starter, use tutorials and practice overtime. Trust, you will get better.

1 Like

try to use “shade smooth” it will improve the model appearance and smooth the edges (OwO)

2 Likes

as for the a first, i’ll is its “not bad” but you still have a future ahead of you

Cool! Try adding more detailed shapes by moving some faces or vertices around.

If you were going for a shape dinosaur then I’d say you hit the ball haha! Very cute

2 Likes

There is a little charm in this. If you could embrace it, it might come out as quite a unique piece of work.