How's the Wifi?

It seems that I’m the only member at my table getting decent wifi speeds (around 5 mbps up/down, 6ms ping) while the others are stuck at 0.3 up/down, and in one case just not loading at all. I’m wondering if this is a widespread issue or not, so if you’re here, please vote!

• It’s good
  • It’s bad

0 voters

2 Likes

Ballroom: Bad
Atrium: Good

one two three four, that is true

2 Likes

I’ve been constantly kicked from the WiFi every few minutes, quite frustrating considering I’m looking for memes. I would just use my phone hotspot but there is literally no reception in the ballroom.

1 Like

At the hotel room and on the atrium, the wifi (esp. the Hyatt one) works alright, but as soon as I get into the ballroom I’m pretty much operating more or less offline

Seems to have gotten better at 4am though given how many fewer people there are around haha

(edit: less v. fewer)

1 Like

Although I’m not participating RDC this year, from my personal and others/yours too experience with hotels or public wifi, the speed of wifi operates better when less connected users use it for their own need (Downloading a movie, watching Netflix, playing/developing on Roblox, search for memes, watch a YouTube video, etc…). So, this means that when less amount of people use it… it might be better for you. Usually late or midnight… but also early morning the wifi might be better too cause people might be still sleeping. Also I believe sometimes it might matter the room/place/floor people are at.
Keep that in mind (I know most know it but yeah) :+1:

1 Like

garbage

1 Like

Atrium is eh… better than the ballroom at least. Hotels have good wi-fi as well. It’s overall bad.

1 Like

We’ll we were using the wifi up there early in the morning so there were only one other team there with us, compared to the people still in the ballroom it was pretty nice.

1 Like

Those at RDC US, I have a few questions which may help answer why.

1. Does the access points there transmit 5 Ghz?
  2. Are there lots of hot spots where you are?
    2.1 If so, is the network crowded? Check using a WiFi analytics tool.
  3. What’s the WiFi coverage like?
    Always near an access point? Or need to go to specific places for signal? As some examples.
1 Like