Humanoid.BreakJointsOnDeath

nice ragdoll demo whoever record this

4 Likes

Great feature, smoother performance and easier to manage rag doll scripts. Can’t wait to use this in one of my projects. The comedic flopping effect is also a welcomed bonus.

4 Likes

Just add a wait(5) and :LoadCharacter() :smiley:

5 Likes

This is the obvious solution. I mean I would personally do wait(game:GetService(“Players”).RespawnTime) but whatever. I guess my question was why does it break re-spawning in the first place.

4 Likes

It seems like Humanoid :MoveTo() continues to function still, however it just sorta walks on its back and doesn’t move much other than flail around… fix?

10 Likes

Looks like it’s time to bind a function to detect a Humanoid.Died event.

12 Likes

This looks like a fun feature, I will probably not use it but I imagine it’s used to replace those free model ragdoll scripts.

3 Likes

Definitely a helpful property. I plan to make great use of this!

I think a benefit nobody else has mentioned so far is death animations - Now that the joints aren’t broken, we can make animations that occur on player death which can make stuff a lot more believable in the long run without requiring extremely complex scripting to emulate death with a fake humanoid and custom status handlers.

5 Likes

As was prophecied by the ancients!

11 Likes

We can now run animations on death because of this feature! Thank you!

7 Likes

I just made a discovery of this feature:

If you disable BreakJointsOnDeath, and zoom into first person and face anywhere. Your character will face wherever your camera is facing at.

Protip: Change the camera zoom to 3rd person directly after death and restrict zooming to first person, until respawn.

4 Likes

An easier trick is to turn Humanoid.AutoRotate to false

8 Likes

I know everyone else is saying this too but I have one word:

Finally.

3 Likes

Awesome! Now the next thing we need are unbreakable joints

2 Likes

After some testing in studio, it seems that anchoring the HumanoidRootPart is what is preventing spawning, so I just removed this line and it seems to work fine:

character.HumanoidRootPart.Anchored = true

(I’m really not sure why anchoring HRP makes spawning not happen ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯ )

4 Likes

Very useful! Love this feature

3 Likes

Fun!

3 Likes

Probably something to do with :SetPrimaryPartCFrame and stuff (Honestly that’s the most random feature ever)

4 Likes

Nice! Now it’s time to code up a module for ragdolls been waiting a while for this!

3 Likes

Now I will actually try to do a ragdoll feature in my game

update: don’t know what game I was talking about but I never even tried

3 Likes