Humanoid.HipHeight not working when combined with animations

So, I’ve done some research on this, but nothing came up. Basically, what’s happening is that I have to change the Humanoid.HipHeight property on a Humanoid, due to the fact that the character sizes are changed but I need the animations to play as if they’re a default size. The problem comes when I try to change it for the animation. When I change it to 2, which is the default, it always changes back, but only for 2 of the humanoids. One of them works just fine for some reason.

The orders that I’ve tried are:

Load
HipHeight
Play
This one is used for the one that works, but it’s inconsistent on the other characters.

Load
Play
HipHeight
Seems like this one should work, considering that doing this mid-animation fixes the issue, but this actually doesn’t.

HipHeight
Load
Play
This one just doesn’t work at all.

Anyone know what to do about this?

2 Likes

In the first case you’re manually setting the HipHeight, then the Animation plays.
In the second and third case do you have the HipHeight set in the Animation?
The second one plays the Animation at the Animation’s HipHeight before it manually changes the HipHeight to whatever you want.
In the third case you are setting the HipHeight manually and it’s being changed back when the Animation Loads.

I don’t really understand what the intention is with this reply, but yes, that’s what I do in the first case. I don’t understand what you mean in the second sentence, but I get what you mean regarding the last two sentences. Could you maybe elaborate on a few of these things?

I believe the Animation is setting the HipHeight. If it is then it seems to me it’s resetting the HipHeight back to 2 after you’ve set it with the script.
As I’m just beginning with Animations I’m just guessing at this point, but by looking at your description this would explain why it would be changing.

Load-------------loads the animation with it’s HipHeight setting
HipHeight-------resets the HipHeight to what you want
Play--------------plays the animation with the proper HipHeight
This one is used for the one that works, but it’s inconsistent on the other characters.

Load-------------loads the animation with it’s HipHeight setting
Play--------------plays the animation with the HipHeight set at the animation’s setting
HipHeight-------resets the HipHeight after the animation plays
Seems like this one should work, considering that doing this mid-animation fixes the issue, but this actually doesn’t.

HipHeight-------sets the HipHeight to what you want
Load-------------loads the animation with it’s HipHeight setting, resetting the HipHeight
Play--------------plays the animation with the HipHeight set at the animation’s setting
This one just doesn’t work at all.

Well, I’m actually setting it to 2, which is technically the default, but the characters have modified body sizes which makes Studio set it to a different number. (A little over 3 I think)

A little more elaboration on the second test scenario, the reason it seems like it should work is because while testing the animation, if I go into the explorer and set the HipHeight from there, the animation jumps back to where it should be and works afterwards.

Where are you changing the Player’s size? Are you resetting the Humanoid.HipHeight then too?

The size change never happens in a script, it’s just built into the game using the different body size properties in the character.

But when a Player is loaded into the game they start out with a Humanoid.HipHeight of 0 if they are R6 and a HipHeight of 1.35 if they are R15.
Are you changing the size of Players or are these NPCs that you’ve manually resized? If they start out in the game resized by using the Humanoid.BodyDepthScale, BodyHeightScale, BodyWidthScale & BodyHeadScale you still shouldn’t have to change the HipHeight in Studio.

The character is replaced by a preset one, so you don’t play as your default character in-game. Plus, these are cutscene animations, and so the characters are all replicas anyways. The HipHeight is set to 3.313 as the default for the character’s size.

EDIT: Sorry, would’ve given you this information earlier if it weren’t for my terrible communication skills, I often have trouble understanding what people mean.

EDIT 2: Okay welp turns out the thing from the first edit might be caused by autism. I’ll find out… Eventually I guess.

Okay I woke up like an hour ago with an idea and apparently it works so yea.

coroutine.resume(coroutine.create(function()
		repeat
			script.Parent.Humanoids.Wanda.Humanoid.HipHeight = 2
			script.Parent.Humanoids.Wally.Humanoid.HipHeight = 2
			wait()
		until skipCutscene or os.clock() >= endTime
	end))