I feel there isn't enough grindable games on Roblox.. Let's create one!

In game development, and software in general, you bring one of two things to the table:

• Financing.
  • Development skills.

A project manager simply isn’t going to provide value. A few assets isn’t going to get you anywhere.

It’s also something of a cliche to complain about a team being “money driven” as an excuse not to pay them. Passion doesn’t pay the bills. You can’t tell your landlord that you’re working on a Roblox game for a percentage of profits. It’s not greedy to want to be paid for your development work.

Percentage-based revenue schemes work, but if that’s all you’re offering you’re going to have to be doing a significant amount of the development work, or you’ll be out of luck finding people at all.

7 Likes

Aren’t 90% of Roblox games grind-games? Jailbreak is about grinding money, FPS games are about grinding KOs, simulators are about grinding the desired object. You also seem to have no clue what you’re doing…

This is not meant to be offensive.

3 Likes

If 90% of games are already grinding games, then what is the point of the post?

He’s looking for people to make grinding games.

When you’re a developer looking for work, you usually want to know what type of game you’re going to be working on, and it’s pretty unnecessary to call me out for it, when I’m just trying to get more info.

No idea where this came from, but I think I have a clue of what I’m doing since I’ve been on the platform for 8 years, and have played multiple grinding games.

This is not meant to be offensive.

2 Likes

He legit said “there isn’t enough” I think 90 percent is enough…

3 Likes

Umm… While I admire your effort and passion to do this. How exactly do you plan on getting anywhere if you don’t want to use robux on the game? Because…

Hard truth:
You need 100k+ robux at the minimum to really have a chance of making a popular game.

3 Likes

Why did you reply to my thread?

1 Like

Oh my bad. I do it by habit sometimes accidently, I did not notice Sorry about that.

2 Likes

And again, I did not create the thread, and I am not looking for people to help collaborate on a grinding game. I am simply replying to the post.

2 Likes

I think you were mistaken. I wasn’t calling you out, I was agreeing with you.

I did not direct

Towards you Zabazz, but I was enforcing my point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know it’s not meant to be offensive, when I meant “grinding” I mean games you can play for hours on end just grinding the game without it getting old and boring then there is nothing to play when you look around. Thanks for your view on the subject

2 Likes

Can’t exactly prove that if I had to be honest with you

2 Likes

Lesson: patient your assets design before quitting or they will land in the wrong hands.

3 Likes

Do you mean patent? :grinning:

2 Likes

A patent can cost from $900 to between $5,000 and $10,000+ with the help of patent lawyers, but depends on the type of patent and complexity of the invention.” - https://www.upcounsel.com/how-much-does-a-patent-cost

A patent for every asset would lose game revenue correct? I would instead secure my assets with specific anti-exploit protection, and add, “by clicking the play button, you agree to all terms.”

I’m not too amazing when it comes to legal documents so correct me if I am wrong.

3 Likes

If his plan was to legally patent them, it would be a net-negative and would also take an insanely long amount of time. I think the usage of that word is more to enforce that they are your assets, rather than legally patent them.

2 Likes

Not sure why nobody else mentioned this.

Correct me if I’m wrong – you’re saying that if a modeler creates a lot of assets, then quits (demanding 50,000R$), you, not being able to pay him, will pay him nothing and re-create stuff that he made for you? If that’s what you meant, that’s unethical and wrong.

3 Likes

Why on earth would you patent a ROBLOX Model? It’s not like its a physical product.

5 Likes

That’s one of many problems. The patent office is very picky, and it takes months to apply and receive a patent. I have no doubt that there is a limit on how many patents you can apply for in a certain amount of time, as well.

Even if you did want to waste the money and months of time, the chance that the patent office would reject you (because it’s online or not) is so high that it makes any good in getting a patent void.

2 Likes

There is always contracts. Free and easy until there would be political conflict when someone leaves and they want their stuff and they fuss about it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.