I made a Virtual Reality Camera Script (Demo/Uncopylocked)

Its basically a script which modifies your perspective of the world so that if you were wearing a virtual reality headset, it would look really damn good.

In First Person, your body is visible.
Looking downward makes your character bend over and vice-versa upwards, and your camera remains snapped to your head while it does this.
You can even do a /e dance and see the motion and your arms moving.

Check it out here:

A video for those of you who are too lazy lol:

This is done in a non-hacky way. You can put this script into any game and it should work perfectly. This makes it pretty easy to setup a first person shooter game. The script is located in the Starterpack of the place.

You can also grab it here:

5 Likes

You have the old leaderboard – what’s up with that? o.o

Oh boy! I have just the right use case for something like this right now.

Yeah I need to change that lol.
I’m locally running a version of the player list which changes my name and icon.

1 Like

The FOV hurts me eyes, but that’s no problem.

cool.

My torso is still visible. I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t be able to see my shoulders and inside my ‘neck’ in first person.

Doesn’t work with seats Q_Q

[quote]

My torso is still visible. I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t be able to see my shoulders and inside my ‘neck’ in first person. [/quote]

It works best with a package since the limbs are thinner :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You should make a web API, which when given a face decal, guesstimates the best position for a camera. Then you position the camera there, so it looks like you’re actually looking out of your eyes.

I’d have to talk to HaveMeat about PNG Specifications.
I know how to get PNG files from the website, but I don’t know how the format works lmao.

Also, I could probably assume where they are based on this template that Brighteyes made.

1 Like

Now I just want an Oculus Rift. And support for it on Roblox.

I can only imagine what it would be like to play First-person shooters (including jet combat games) with VR gear.