I need people to test and give feedback on my speed run game

Hi, i’ve been working on a speed run type game and need feedback on various aspects. Try to be as specific as you can about this, I don’t want to end up making a bad game. There is a tutorial area you can teleport to near the start for info on various additions that I tried to use to make the game more unique in some stages. Here is a link. THE GAME ONLY HAS 16 LEVELS AS OF RIGHT NOW

https://www.roblox.com/games/6783949754/Speed-Run-X

PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND RESPOND ON ANY OR ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS:

Which levels did you die on and how often?

Were some levels too easy? Were some too hard?

Did you find any levels particularly interesting or enjoyable? Boring or in need of improvement?

Did you understand the new abilities given in the game?

4 Likes

Before I answer the questions you prompted, I’d like to jot some positive thoughts down:

• I gotta say, that running animation is awesome! Nice job with that!
  • I love how you added different pads, like the jump pad and inferno pad (I believe that’s what it’s called), really spices up the gameplay!
  • The aesthetics for the stages are super cool!
  • It’s really cool how you added, or changed something in stages, like in the ice stage where everything is slippery, and the space stage with the black slowing pad!

Ok, here are my answers to your questions:

I died once or twice on a few levels, but nothing to worry about. It does increase in difficulty nicely.

Nope! They all increase in difficulty consistently.

Pretty much all of the levels were enjoyable, especially because it uses different pads to spice it up. No level was boring.

Yep! If you decide to create more abilities (you should, for future levels), make sure to not include them in the tutorial, because it makes the ability more special, and so will the levels it appears in.

Now, I’d like to share some suggestions:

• Swap the inferno pad color with the pink pad color, since for most players, red would seem like a death brick and pink would be a boost. Just a suggestion, it doesn’t interfere with gameplay because there’s a tutorial.
  • If you want, add a nice little finish line when you finish the level and slow down, just for the heck of it.
  • If you feel like you want to spice up the aesthetics for levels, try playing around with the lighting for them, like in the cave stage.
  • The shop menu isn’t centered to the screen (I assume it should be):
    To center it, set it’s AnchorPoint to .5, .5, and it’s position to {.5, 0, .5, 0}.

Overall, fantastic game so far! The game has a perfect mix of familiarity and originality, with the boost pads and stuff. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I’ll take all this into consideration and try to make it as best I can. The stuff about the various boosts and all that I will change to make more visually representative of what they actually do