I sponsored my game and I broke even. What now?

I spent around 8k(robux) on sponsorships for my game, which averaged about 40 players at a time for the 24 hours. By the time the 24 hours ended, I got a little less than 8k back. What do I do now? I feel like this game won’t do much judging from the player count, and I’m deciding if I should enter that 8k into another sponsorship or use that 8k for another project. Any ideas?

Here’s my game, by the way:
https://www.roblox.com/games/1369756115/PET-LION-Mysterious-Experiments#!/game-instances

1 Like

With that 8k sponsor, you should have gotten some feedback, which could be used to improve the current state of the game. You mentioned that you lost robux, which means you should look into improving your monetization. I haven’t checked out your game, but using that 8k for another project is honestly a waste just to use it one time on a completed game.

2 Likes

How many visits did you get in total? What was the length of time they spent in the game? How many of them spent money? How much did they spend? Did your game get thumbs up or down? Are they likely to come back?

You can’t answer the last question immediately, so if you’re scared to spend the money again, I’d wait. See if the ones who found it continue to play and spend money in the next few days. Your 8k might actually yield a lot more if your game concept is good and compelling. Use your sponsorship as the tool to introduce the players, not as the tool to keep them there - that should already be in the game.

Concurrent players alone is not necessarily a useful measure if they spend 30 seconds and leave for example.

So here is the avg visit length.

• I got 7k visits
  • My game got 60% rating and I think it’s because many people got confused because there was nothing to do in between rounds.
  • Those who spent $ on game passes are still playing right now and are likely to come back, yes - but since there are no regular players coming for those players to play with, I’ll assume they’ll eventually leave too.

The 12:00 in the middle is when I dropped the sponsorship

If you’re having low player retention it most likely means you need to add more gameplay. If you do great in visits/player retention then it may mean you need to do some more work on proper monetization.

I just played the game. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it, but I did see some issues. Here’s some constructive criticism for you:

• There’s too much UI in too many places with too many styles. Everywhere I look on my screen, I see a UI element. It’s quite jarring. It should all be in one or two places. If you need more space for an element, consider why you’re adding it in the first place. The “Want to watch a movie” sign is completely unnecessary but it takes up screen space, for instance.

And all the UI is in various different styles. Your game has no “look and feel” to it. You need to stick with one style for everything and run with it. This helps the game feel consistent, and makes it easier on the eyes.

• The intermission is too long. 60 seconds for an intermission? That’s an entire minute players could be in your game that’s wasted! I sat through an entire round and then had to wait seemingly forever to get in one myself, and then THAT round ended abruptly. Try splitting intermission time in half.

• What’s up with the lobby? It’s well-built but there’s some room with NPCs running in and out of it that requires me to be level two to enter(?). As a new player, it’s really confusing to see that.

• The actual gameplay is stale. * This is a problem I run into a lot with my games. Something I think is fun actually isn’t to others. I think you fell into this trap. As I was playing my first round, I had no idea who the beast was or what I was doing. I saw a suspicious player and shot at him, but I guess he was innocent, because nothing happened. In my next round, whoever was presumably the beast killed me in like 10 seconds. Then I left. You should work on making it more obvious who the beast is and balance the gameplay. Also, the idea of 1 vs. all is extremely common on Roblox nowadays so you might want to make the game be more than just everyone shooting the beast. It’s boring.

Overall you have a good start. If you fix some of those issues you could see better results. I wouldn’t give up on the game quite yet, because I think you can make it pretty good if you iron some things out. Good luck!

7 Likes

I wish I could mark every answer as a solution but thank you very much! Thanks for being honest and constructive. This is the best type of feedback one can give to someone like me.

1 Like