I’ve made a game.. Now what?

Hi!

I’ve made a game called The Big Plate, a game similar to Plates of Fate, where it’s one huge plate that everyone must survive on!

Regardless, here’s my question:

I spent around 10k on Ads and only made back 2k, I don’t know what to do now. I honestly just need someone’s help on what to do going forward.

Game link: The Big Plate [SPATIAL VOICE] - Roblox

Please comment. I was considering getting an Investor to help, but I’m not sure.
Thank you for reading! : D

3 Likes

goes in game design support. also do commissions and stuff and get money that way. or go on rotank and find investor

1 Like

Find out why it’s not working. Clearly, the game isn’t retaining players very well (I was playing with only a single other person when I came on).

I think this is mainly because it’s not too clear what’s going on, because of the UI, and also because the actual gameplay isn’t all that interesting since it takes too long between effects. This is made worse though with less people on, to be fair.

Ask people who have played your game what the best and worst features are, and try to improve it and make it more intuitive for new players to play and understand.

4 Likes

I was playing it with a few people, and frankly, there wasn’t much gameplay. There were a lot of repeat obstacles, and the lobby seemed very cramped. When the plate was enlarged, you could easily avoid the disasters. It didn’t seem very threatening, like you were “surviving”, more like “witnessing”.

Sorry for that long list! I actually enjoyed the game, I just tried to give good critique. Those were the things that seemed “off” to me, which may be why players do not stay in the game long. It gets kind of dull pretty quick. I enjoy the idea of the game, but some more variety would feel nice, along with more “dangerous” events (as most of them were coils).

I hope you use this critique to improve, I’m not just trying to slam your game. Keep developing!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’d love more feedback from you! What dangerous events are you thinking of?

It is YOUR job to maintain the game by updating it. Keep updating, or create a new game.

First off, the lobby is quite small.

To keep a nice player base, you’ll need lots of space for players to explore. Rather stay in a small and restricted space or wander in a large and detailed lobby?

The gameplay itself is quite easy. Since it is just one plate, you are not given the challenge to jump from plate to plate to avoid things, you can just run away from whatever spawned.

I recommend adding dangerous events, such as UFO attacks, acid rain, bomb explosions, etc.

UIs are nice, simple, and all match.

I think the problem with your game is the limited amount of things you can do. A lot of game lobbies have “secret” areas and badges to earn. However in your game, once you die, you just stand there and spectate the ongoing round.

TL:DR: In the simplest form, your game is too basic, not such exciting rounds or lobby.

Alrighty! I really appreciate the feedback!

Really any dangerous events, it just needs more of them. You could do as @QuackingDuckQuack suggested,

along with zombie hords, giving players swords/knives, rising lava, etc. Really anything.

One thing it really needs is cover. Instead of just having a big, open plate, I recommend putting some houses or something on it, to offer a bit of protection. Along with that, having the lobby over the plate seems odd, maybe move it farther away?

You can look at these games for reference:

https://www.roblox.com/games/4783966408/Plates-of-Fate-Remastered
https://www.roblox.com/games/263761432/Horrific-Housing
https://www.roblox.com/games/564086481/Plates-of-Fate-Mayhem

1 Like