I want to learn advanced mathematical calculations

Hi, so I’m trying to learn advanced maths as the title says. I know the basics of advanced stuff like:

math.pow()

math.ceil()

math.floor()

math.random()

math.round()

math.clamp()

math.rad()

math.max()

math.min()

math.sqrt()

math.randomseed()

math.huge

math.pi

and this is what I want to learn:

math.atan()

math.atan2()

math.cos()

math.cosh()

math.sin()

math.sinh()

math.tan()

math.tanh()

math.noise()

math.sign()

math.log()

math.log10()

math.modf()

math.mod()

math.frexp()

math.ldexp()

math.exp()

So yeah, basically every math function in roblox. Why do I want to learn this stuff? Because math is fun! And I don’t care if I don’t need it, or maybe I will later.

I would say i’m more of an video learner. Not a video where the person just talks but shows what you can do with it and how you can create it. I haven’t found any good tutorials on youtube with those math functions. When english is my second language I can learn more through a video tutorial.

If you have any good video tutorial on those math functions in roblox that I wanted to learn. If you have time, can you please link it? Thanks :smile:

2 Likes

this should explain what they do

out of all the ones you don’t know, this one is extremely simple

3 Likes

So, Atan, tan, sin, asin, cos, acos are all trig functions, you can do some research on them. They are VERY useful when thinking about advanced geometry. They help with Angles of Triangles and such.

2 Likes
math.atan()
math.atan2()
math.cos()
math.cosh()
math.sin()
math.sinh()
math.tan()
math.tanh()

These are trigonometry functions and are used to do math on triangles and their angles + lengths (also can be used to do circle and wave math). The ones ending in “h” are the hyperbolic versions. I would suggest watching videos on Khan Academy under Trigonometry Math if you want to learn more about these.

math.log()
math.log10()
math.frexp()
math.ldexp()
math.exp()

These are functions related to logarithms, natural logarithms, and exponents. You should be able to find videos on Khan Academy about these subjects as well.

math.noise() is a function used to create Perlin noise. You can look up some videos online about Perlin noise. The rest of the functions can be read about on the math | Roblox Creator Documentation documentation page.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes