If I made this would people interact with it? [Read more]

I apologize if this may not be the right category, I couldn’t find one I could speak in and this as far as I know is super close to what I need to say.

If I created a Roblox tutorial YouTube channel for people to learn building and Modeling would you guys like that? That way you won’t need to ask much questions cause I’d go into extreme detail on things? I don’t know, just a thought.

2 Likes

Creating a channel to help other people would be a great idea, there are a lot of beginner developers who look for these kind of resources everyday.

Saying that we don’t need to ask questions is not right, if we understood or not, we should ask whatever question is on our mind, if a developer were to ask here on forum, someone may give a good feedback or advice to further improve. Like the saying goes, the more, the merrier.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve been wanting to do something like that as well but I’ve never been able to motivate myself to actually execute it. While you could also stream your builds on twitch that way people can ask questions which you can give lots of helpful tips.

Personally, I am indifferent. I don’t need to watch a building tutorial as I already know how to build.

I’m sure some inexperienced builders would enjoy watching detailed commentary on how to build and would appreciate any sound advice given to them. If you want to do it, go ahead. If people watch your videos, it’ll be great for them.

2 Likes

Yeah! You could be helpful! You could even become the next AlvinBlox!

1 Like

Hey! Do you need some motivation? I used you think like you, not thinking it would help anyone, but surprisingly it did! Just keep trying, that’s my peice of motivation to you!

I’ve barely seen some experienced builders/modelers who are actually making video tutorials about modelling and building.
Modeling requires a lot of skills, there are some people who are really talented with modeling. It’s same with building.

I saw some YouTube channels who are making speed builds or time lapses, but with that huge skill, you should be able to teach us something, not just show your work.

However, I never saw modelers who are making a video about modeling in Blender programme and using the creation they made from Blender to Roblox Studio.

I would really like to see some modelers who are going to do this!

2 Likes

I personally would have no interest. To make these tutorials, knowing how to build isn’t the only requirement. This would also require basic/advanced explanations, and pleasing/entertaining content.

It is very important to have a good taste, or style when building. I would say at least one person requests feedback on their builds at least every one-two days. Wether its a bland tower, and the solution is as simple as adding dispersed blocks to make it more pleasing, every build needs effort, creativity, and imagination.

To add onto @wevetments’s amazing analysis; more explanation creates more questions. When explaining a complicated concept, there will be multiple questions, and if there isn’t, the concept was demonstrated incorrectly (I think of it like that). Just like the saying: “When someone is generating tons of money with an average job, what they’re doing is illegal” (my family raised me with this saying so I would be motivated to work hard and follow the law).

Especially when it comes to YouTube, asking questions is not that hard, for two reasons:

• comments are supposed to be brief
  • complicated/“not-in-person” response

However, other content creators may make scripting tutorials like “rainbow UI”, where there is one straightforward solution.

Go ahead—I wish you the best of luck!

Yeah, I would be interested because I need to re learn my building tips, I have not built in a long time. I need some help re learning! You seem to fit for the job! Just send me a link to the channel via a DevForum post! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Creating a channel about tutorials will be really great to help other, modelers and builders learn from you to get good at there building. I suggest you go for it man, to help everyone out a little.