[im noob] can anyone help? script should play as soon as humanoid stops moving (if possible then at a given time of not moving)

Ok so Basically i have this script i want inside a tool gun to play an Animation when the player is idle for a while (it does work but not with what i want the script to have)

the script does work but not with the “if-then” thing, i want it to play everytime when the humanoid isnt running.

if script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid.Running false then --faulty or wrong
	debounce = false
	script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function(Mouse)
    	wait(8)
        	if debounce == false then
            	debounce = true			
            	animation = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(script.Parent.Idle)
            	animation:Play()
            	wait(1.5)
            	debounce = false
        	end
    	end)

script.Parent.Unequipped:Connect(function()
        animation:Stop()
	end)

script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid.Running:Connect(function()
	end)
	end 

if possible even input a way to make it only play if it isnt running for a while, anyway help is apreciated.

2 Likes

an if statement runs once so try a different way other then that

1 Like

hmmmm i dont know which tho, i will continue on trying stuff, thanks for tleling me that tho, ima try something else, i dont know what tho, i will try to check

are there any errors i need to know!

1 Like

A non-moving Humanoid will fire Running with a speed of 0.

2 Likes

what does that mean? unless flagged

That just means I deleted my first post because it was wrong. (Deleting a post changes the text to that for an hour.)

2 Likes

yes i know, but thats not where the thing is wrong, that part is working, the thing where it goes wrong is that it only plays the animation once, but i want it to play everytime the player is away for over 14 seconds yk? thats what i tried to do

1 Like

will that play the script multiple times even after it already fired?

1 Like

Like I said before, my studio doesn’t work so you would have to test yourself!

2 Likes

ok thanks anyway!
ima check it out righ tnow

1 Like

There is more code on the link above too.

2 Likes

oh yeah i saw it but didnt notice it (wot)
ima check it out

1 Like

“if speed > 0” means if speed exceeds 0 right?

1 Like

Exactly, if speed is “greater” than 0.

2 Likes
debounce = false
	script.Parent.Equipped:Connect(function(Mouse)
	game.Workspace.Player.Humanoid.Running:Connect(function(speed)
    	if speed > 0 then
        	print("Player is running")
    	else

wait(8)
        		if debounce == false then
            		debounce = true			
            		animation = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(script.Parent.Idle)
            		animation:Play()
            		wait(1.5)
            		debounce = false
					print('Speer Operator is now Idle!')

script.Parent.Unequipped:Connect(function()
			print('Speer Unequipped, animation stopped!')
				end)

boi this doesnt work oof, the last “end)” is marked as red and console says:
08:19:17.240 - Workspace.CarlosmaniaLAPTOP.SpeerFire.IdleAnimation:18: Expected identifier when parsing expression, got ‘)’

1 Like

Add another “end)” . It might be because of the amount of brackets. For example, there is not enough of these brackets ( and these brackets ). Or too many brackets.

1 Like

another end at the very end? i tried that and it seems like there is still something wrong, i believe there is a missing “end)” somewhere in the middle of the script

1 Like

oh wait, i got it working it was a missing bracket indeed (at the very bottom), now ima try to test it

1 Like

doesnt work, i think it isnt finding the humanoid running, ima try to add script.parent.humanoid.running

1 Like