Impossible Roblox Captcha

You’d think that, however due to the fact you need premium to upload and edit clothing, bot makers always put premium on their bots, so that would be pointless (heck, having captcha there anyway is still arguably pointless with how easily it’s bypassed by anyone outright trying to bot)

I reckon account age would potentially be a better way to detect who needs a captcha and who doesn’t, however what’s stopping people from password guessing super old accounts (or any account within the minimum “no/less captcha” age) as they do currently?

4 Likes

My problem is that it’s quite slow when verifying.

2 Likes

I have tried on Chrome, IE, and Edge. This issue has nothing to do with browsers and is simply impossible. I am starting with 5, but due to the minimal time limits, it bumps it up to 6 and still claims that none of my answers are correct. I am in Texas, USA, if that has any relevance to why the problem occurs. I also agree with what other people said, the captcha is too much. It immediately changes to a significantly higher number, which is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

I saw this on twitter and it seems pretty important to figure out what’s going on here.

It looks like it might be adding a lot of friction to the web experience.

91 Likes

Hi again, this particular instance has been escalated to the appropriate team. We’ll ask them to follow up here with any updates!

12 Likes

If a regular user can’t solve the verification, then how do you expect a kid to do so? This change is not for the best.

I’d also like to point out that in the tweet they also presented us with this image:

Which is ludicrous, because not only do you have to figure out what animal it is, you then have to take a double-take to flip the thumb up or down, throwing you way off your rhythm.

The time limit is way to fast, and I’m not sure one should even be added. It’s already hard enough as it is, and this is not the right direction to go for verification.

I’ve tried completing the verification before, and I’ve failed a couple of times.

23 Likes

Difficult captchas are better than the alternatives: Scam games being mass-liked / botted, innocent games being mass-disliked, groups being botted, and players being tracked by bots. However, inputting captchas is an occupation in some parts of the world, plus it’s just inevitable that computers will be able to solve these current tests much more accurately than children. It’s a constant battle.

It would be interesting to store all verification data, then use it to train an AI after it is known whether that user played normally, so even failing one of these tests could prove that you’re human.

9 Likes

Ok for some reason it’s happening with me also… location Spain, PC running Windows 10. Last captcha gave me 10 images to solve… same result (not fast enough).
4b088f628693cc5b642c175900a5e804 9454e7215aa633563266523d7c40a19b

8 Likes

Lucky I don’t get any at all! (Well, i’m in Germany…)

6 Likes

Any reason why having privacy.resistFingerprinting set to true on Firefox breaks the captcha? Seriously, this is the ONLY thing I’ve ever had issues with when that config is enabled. Even reCAPTCHA works, I just usually have to go through more steps than usual, which is fine for me. I guess I can keep it disabled, but it’s incredibly annoying that I had no previous issues with any website and then this.

Video

7 Likes

Either FunCaptcha should make their captchas less hard for humans to pass, or Roblox would need to find another service that provides Completely Automated Processes to Tell Computers and Humans Apart (CAPTCHAs).
I have recently seen a post on Twitter that said FunCaptcha added yet another captcha, where you have to tilt the image to make exactly 2 arrows face up.

Roblox could also design their CAPTCHAs, but even with FunCaptcha which is hard even for humans, bots still post spam on the site, so CAPTCHAs aren’t completely effective. There’s nothing completely effective that can block 100% of spam, even IP bans as they could just use a VPN.

A 99.9% way to block spam would be to implement a paywall so you have to spend $10 to be able to access Roblox, that was already adopted by some games to fight spam, but nobody here, including me, wants to make Roblox paid, so these CAPTCHAs will have to do for now.

5 Likes

I agree. Roblox captchas are terrible, I have a few issues with the system:

1. Why is there an error for not being fast enough?
  2. Can’t you use something more accessible that most humans can use?
  3. You ask us to do captchas when logging in, why do we have to do another one when doing stuff like joining a group? I know that this helps prevent spam but it is very annoying
  4. Do you expect the younger players to know how to solve a captcha?
8 Likes

Today my friend managed to finally convince their skeptical friend to play/try Roblox & make an account for the first time.
Then it never happened. Because of the impossible captchas to make an account.
This makes me sick. The same friend and I tried making alt accounts back in like January-ish to play games without being recognized, and we couldn’t make accounts either. We tried for hours at the captcha game. This massive problem has existed for far too long, imagine all the new people roblox is turning away because of this! For months! I really hope they are looking into a solution for this like as we speak, because this is such a big deal.
I had a botting issue about 3 weeks ago in my game (bots coming in and saying a message to join a malicious site for “free” robux) if the captchas purpose is supposed to be stopping the bots, they are not. They are currently stopping thousands if not hundreds of thousands of new players from ever finding their new favorite games. There has to be a balance.

22 Likes

I was worried about captcha with 15 pictures for a very long time. But I don’t know what happened to me. Within 2 months I have never met this. Neither while joining a group, nor while logging into an account. Maybe the activity system works here. For example, if you often log out and log in to your account very often, then the captcha system is triggered …

4 Likes

Make Roblox paid? Will the people who have already made accounts have to pay? I don’t want to have to spend over like £100 on paying for all my Roblox accounts - in fact, having Roblox as a paid platform would be a stupid business strategy.

3 Likes

Use microsoft edge, it worked for me I guess.

3 Likes

It would appear a new type of Captcha is being used in the Netherlands. A friend of mine got a rather ridiculous captcha. It took me about 20 seconds to spot the correct answer, and I doubt a young child would be capable of discerning such detail.

Hint: The correct answer is (I assume) the top right.

15 Likes

the site doesn’t matter because every site I used was Brave, Google, I don’t know why I used Safari, but it’s still the same thing, but lastly now we dont have to verify that much since Roblox fixed the problem.

3 Likes

To the team in charge of the current captcha implementation: Is there any reason why reCAPTCHA v3 wouldn’t be viable? I remember it being brought up back when this “fun captcha” was still on the drawing board, but it was never addressed.

5 Likes

This impossible captcha still exists nowadays. A lot of users can’t login into their account. The rotation of circles is sometimes being broken. Roblox engineers really need to look at this problem and make a new, safe, efficient and reasonable verification system aside from 2-step, which is great.

3 Likes