In-game ping issues causing the experience to crash. Does anyone have the same problem?

Hi, this problem has been happening in our experience for many weeks and we don’t know what is causing it.

When a server is started in the experience, the first few minutes nothing happens and it is possible to play it safely, after 30 minutes - 2 hours the server starts to have extreme lag hits, reaching at least 10k+ ms. Checking the Console, and looking at the Networking section we see that the requests for HttpService, MarketPlaceService, and GamePassService start to increase a lot.

The GamePassService is one of the highest that receives requests, even if we don’t use GamePass or anything else, but maybe it’s a service that is used in the background by Roblox.

Sometimes after a while, the experience starts working again but many who don’t have a very stable device get thrown out.
At Roblox studio, I thought it could be a set of Scripts that are executed at once causing this lag problem, but we don’t know where the cause comes from or if it’s the Scripts’ fault.

We do not know if it is a user who causes this lag through Exploits but I think it is very likely, and there is no Script Virus. I checked several times and some time ago I found BackDoors connected to an Id, but the asset in question has been deleted.

At this time I have no images of this problem but if it continues to happen, I will try to attach something.

Link Experience: (2) Naples, Italy - V2 - Roblox

Hope you can help us.

Greetings,

• jmicco
1 Like

I feel like two things could cause this

1: Your code for HttpService or MarketPlaceService gets stuck in a infinite loop for whatever reason, which would cause roblox to keep executing that code over and over, which if the looping happened often enough without ending, more and more resources would be need for the loops which would cause the problem of increasing lag; This could also explain the sudden stoppage of the lag as suddenly all the loops suddenly when whatever check is causing the problems goes through for whatever reason.

2: You have another backdoor in your game. Given that you’ve had one, It’s possible that you have more. Just mannually type “Script” in the search engine of the explorer and go through every single script to make sure it’s your team/you have written it