“In Studio” and "Online" status shows as “Playing” in Home page on mobile

I opened the mobile app just today and noticed that some of my friends aren’t showing in alphabetical order even though, they were all playing a game. I decided to see what’s up with the “unsorted” friends and noticed that they’re all in studio.

The bug happens 100% of the time and I have noticed it earlier today (around 3pm EST).

How to reproduce?

1. Open up the mobile app
  2. Look at your friends list on the Home page.
  3. Press on the profile of one of your friends that didn’t get sorted with the rest.
  4. Go to their profile.

What’s supposed to happen?
You should see their status as in-game and they’re supposed to be sorted with the rest of the friends.

What actually happens?
They’re not being sorted with the rest and their status on the home page shows as “in-game” instead of “in studio”.

Video on how to reproduce:

30 Likes

This is also happening to me. I believe this happens when they are active too.

3 Likes

I am also experiencing this. Its really annoying because it says your friend is playing and when you go to join him hes just online.

5 Likes

Yes, all people are Green, which means they’re playing.
If I open my whole friend list, then I can see what they really do.

2 Likes

An update for the mobile app was rolled out 2 days ago and the bug still persists. Is there any update on it?

3 Likes

Sorry for bumping, but after all the Roblox mobile updates this one issue is occuring still.

7 Likes

It’s been almost three months since first reported and it’s still happening. Any ETA on when it’s going to be fixed?

4 Likes

I can’t tell if this is relevant. But my entire home page says all my friends are on when only the first shown is actually online (not playing a game).

Also producing a loading error every attempt you make to reload the page.

5 Likes

This happens for me too actually, didn’t even think about it sorting in alphabet to begin with but I notice it now, one of my friends in studio weren’t sorted correctly and displayed as in-game on Home.

4 Likes

Also Happening for me, the players shown below are not playing a game but under other players there is the game title.

3 Likes

Thank you all for reporting this. We are looking into it!

13 Likes

Bumping this because it’s still occuring.

2 Likes

This is still happening on the app on both my phone and iPad. This issue still needs to be fixed and it’s very annoying.

2 Likes

Sorry to bump this, but this has not been fixed and I really do think this is important as it makes finding which friends are actually playing very annoying. Both users in studio or just online have a green circle next to their name, which is used across the platform to mean in game. Roblox needs to put a blue and orange next to them to reduce confusion. If you tap on their profile it brings up the correct status and I have attached pictures below:
Profile of friend in studio:

Profile of friend online

Mobile home page at same time as other pictures (users are third and forth from right)

I would really appreciate it if someone at Roblox could take a look at this, and resolve this issue

2 Likes

Hi there, thanks for filing this bug report. Sorry there was no follow up sooner. This bug has been closed as not a bug as per the engineers following comment: Developers see this is a bug, but users’ online presence in the HomePage is behaving as intended.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.