Incident Report: StreamingEnabled failing to load terrain for Xbox Users

Players in my game Miner’s Haven reported that they are unable to play on Xbox because they fall through the map every time they spawn (the terrain does not correctly load in)

This bug appeared out of nowhere without me making any updates to my game. The issue was fixed and Average Visit Length promptly increased after I turned off StreamingEnabled for my game last night.

Game affected: Miner's Haven - Roblox

7 Likes

I have been having this problem, too, but I haven’t associated it with the StreamingEnabled (which is on in my game). Thanks for the post, I’ll try turning it off to see if it also solves the problem.

Hi and thank you both for reporting the issue and bring this to our attention.

We are actively investigating why this issue is only affecting Xbox clients. While we investigate this issue, I am hoping that we can gather some information about your games.

1. Do your games use custom characters? If so, does the player’s character model have a PrimaryPart set?
  2. Is the Players.CharacterAutoLoads turned on or off for your games?
  3. Does anything eventually stream into the Xbox client even when the character respawns in a loop?

Any additional information would be greatly helpful to us in finding out the cause of this issue! Feel free to add any information beyond the questions above.

Nope.

on

Not sure. The reports that I received suggest that users were not able to play at all, although they likely would not have reported it in situations where it ended up fixing itself.

1 Like

This appears to be affecting the North Pole too.

My answers to your questions are all the same as berezaa.

Affecting my game, The Labyrinth as well.
I turned off streaming enabled for the time being which fixed it.

Thanks again for the reports! While we are still investigating, we have disabled some recently enabled optimizations for streaming enabled games.
We have found the cause of the issue and have disabled the optimization.
We are working on a fix.

Can anyone confirm if they are still having issues with Xbox clients? (This does not require restart of servers; client will only need to rejoin).
Any newly joining Xbox players should no longer experience this issue.