Increase the 10,000+ triangle limit for meshes

Problem

As a 3D Modeler, I create lots of meshes with 10,000+ triangles, but I cannot upload these to Roblox because of the triangle limit that is imposed on meshes.

I think there should be a setting that can increase the amount of triangles per mesh upload, or the limit should just be increased altogether.

Why?

It would really improve games because we would be able to create more detailed larger-scale meshes. I would personally enjoy this because I want to create trees that are very realistic. I have seen past posts that include this subject, and I think the community agrees that this could be an excellent update.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve Roblox games altogether because many games are very limited because of this limit. I think this would improve the whole Roblox experience and attract new players.

Examples of meshes >10,000 tris that the community would like to upload to Roblox:

TophatBloxxer

TophatBloxxer

Myself

89 Likes

Sorry to bump but, I didn’t want to create a whole new thread for same thing. I never quite understood why there are limits and I think if I had to take a guess it has to do with bandwidth when the client is downloading the game assets on join. At the same time, I wish that the limit was increased somewhere near the 30K range. It’s incredibly hard to put detail & allow for immersion when low poly is over-used everywhere/indirectly recommended for “performance”. This type of thinking restricts or rather makes it frustrating to add specific details without breaking the initial mesh into multiple parts.

For example, a detailed humanoid. Unless you break the humanoid into different parts or you decimate to the point of no return, it’s not going to be under the limit. By chance that it is, it won’t have enough detail where it becomes almost low quality and sloppy. I feel like we shouldn’t have the sacrifice the quality of a mesh for the mere chance it might upload.

A lot of games, as I’d imagine, have a hard time branching away from low poly simply because the limit doesn’t allow for it in a sane way. Details or stylistic choices are limited to what may upload rather than what allows players to be better immersed into the world you create. Sacrificing detail or better overall stylistic choices for a mesh that shows a very vague silhouette can make almost any game baron or bare.

tl;dr - Please increase the limit so that more detail can be added to games to provide a much more immersive experience.

38 Likes