Information regarding Game(s) suspended due to Text Filtering flaws are not specific enough

One of my games for a group has very recently been suspended for Text Filtering issues, and as a result I have also received a warning.

My issue with this is that the warning/message sent to me does not provide enough information about where the flaw is present, or what aspect of the game it was found on. This leaves developers like myself pondering about where the issue is, so we can work towards fixing it without e-mailing ROBLOX for specifics like I had to do.

In the Warning I received it told me that I had ‘unfiltered Chat’ in the game that caused it to be suspended, which is misleading because the message I received told me it could be a variety of things.

As you can see the message does not contain any specific areas in my game where the issue may be present, and instead gives me a vary vague idea, and merely suggestions of where the issue could be, whereas the Warning explicitly stated a Chat filter issue.

Examples of where to ensure you are filtering properly include in game chat, player to player chat, RP names or object names and anywhere players can input text or chat into your game. Please review the following articles about text filtering and properly filtering the text elements.

In my opinion, these messages need to have more information when communicating the issue to the player, this also helps us to know what to fix as soon as possible without disrupting the community that may play the game, rather than the player in question and the appeals team going back and forth about the issue.

19 Likes