Insert Object+ Plugin | Change object defaults, save custom objects, create profiles, and more!

Overview:

Do you ever get slightly annoyed by unanchored parts, frames with borders, or Hello World spamming the output?
Do you get tired of having to repeatedly change properties to the same values over and over and over?
Do you hate having to recopy and repaste the same object between different locations?
Worry no longer! With the Insert Object+ plugin, you can now overwrite any item’s default properties, create custom objects for quick & easy access, and more!

Insert Object Plugin Example

Insert Object Plugin Custom Object Example

Marketplace Link:

Roblox Creator Marketplace

Insert Object+ Plugin
https://www.roblox.com/library/9841514079/Insert-Object-Plugin

Features:

• Allows you to use object defaults according to what you set.
  • Ability to create your own custom objects.
  • A narrow selection of Script default options.
  • Custom profile creation for different projects and developing situations.
  • Profile-specific “Frequently Used” objects.
  • Collapsible categories for better navigation.
  • A sleek near-identical Studio theme.

Screenshots:

Screenshot_3758

How To’s

How to Save Defaults
  1. Create or select a profile.

Screenshot_3752

1. Select any object.

1. Change the object properties to whatever you desire.

Screenshot_3756

1. Click the Save Defaults button.

Screenshot_3757

How to Save a Custom Object
  1. Create or select a profile.

Screenshot_3752

1. Select any object.

NOTE: All descendants of your selection will be saved! This acts similar to grouping/creating a model.

1. Click the Save as a Custom Object button.

Screenshot_3754

Available Settings

Screenshot_3762
Note: Settings apply across the entire plugin, settings are NOT profile specific.

General Settings:

Cache Custom Objects
• By default, this setting is enabled. Inserting custom objects is significantly faster with this enabled. Disable this setting if you’d like your custom items to be secure from other players. (If you are using Team Create)
Replace Defaults While Closed
• By default, the plugin only replaces the defaults if the plugin is open. Enable this setting if you’d like it to replace defaults even while the plugin is not open.
Insert Method
• Double-Click and Drag-and-Drop is supported. However, you can only enable one insert method at a time. (I believe this is due to a Studio bug.)
Select Object After Insert
• Enable if you’d like Studio to focus your selection after inserting an object.
Use Unique Names When Saving Custom Objects
• By default, this setting is enabled. If you generally don’t use object properties, you can disable this.
NOTE: This setting greatly helps with saving object variables properly. If there are duplicate names in your custom object and this setting is disabled, it may run into errors or set properties to the wrong objects.

Script Settings:

Remove Hello World
• Enable if you don’t need the print("Hello World") every time you make a script.
Add Local Player
• Enable if you’d like to include a LocalPlayer variable to new LocalScripts.
Define Common Service Variables
• I’ve devised a variable list of the most common services. Enable this setting if you want these variables to be included in new script objects.

Plugin Permissions

HTTP Requests

• This plugin requires HTTP requests to function.
  • This plugin uses the Converter Module: Instance to Table to fetch the latest properties and instances with GET requests to the official Roblox https://setup.rbxcdn.com/ domain.
    (This wouldn’t be needed if Roblox would provide Instance:GetProperties() and game:GetInstances() functions.)

Script Injection

• This plugin requires Script Injection permissions to create and insert script objects. All inserted scripts follow rules according to your toggled settings (see above).

Limitations and Considerations

• Other plugins that automatically change object properties or attributes may cause conflicts with Insert Object+.
  • List view is the only view supported. I do not have plans on implementing a grid view.
  • Saving defaults and custom objects is not instantaneous. Large custom items will take longer than smaller custom items.
  • The larger your profiles, the slower the plugin will run. Generally speaking, your combined size (all profiles) should not exceed 25 MB if you want decent performance. Performance varies depending on your hardware and Studio itself.
  • This plugin does not support UnionOperations. Recreating Unions is technically possible but I found it to be way too performance intensive during testing.
  • This plugin does not support saving script data. If you have a script in your custom object or overwrite a script’s defaults, the saved script will be blank. This is due to a ProtectedString safeguard implemented by Roblox.
  • This plugin autosaves every 10 minutes and while exiting Studio. If Studio crashes before it autosaves, your recently created custom objects and defaults will not be saved. Be sure to click the plugin’s save button every once and a while!
  • This plugin is not intended to be a dedicated storage for your objects. If your custom objects are important, always keep a backup of them. If the plugin is unable to load or if you accidently click the item delete button, you won’t be able to regain access to your saved custom objects.
Click to view changelog

Changelog History

June 17th, 2022 | v1.0.0
  • DevForum Launch & Public Release
  • Known Issues: Saving defaults and custom items is slightly slower than expected. Loading large custom objects can cause hiccups. Saving plugin settings causes small hangups. I have a planned patch coming in v1.1.0 to address some of these issues.
June 19th, 2022 | v1.1.0
  • Plugin now only runs during Edit mode.
  • Added a manual save button.
  • Great optimization changes. Saving defaults and custom items should be much faster.
  • Added a cache option to help with custom item creation (enabled by default). Inserting large custom objects with this option enabled takes significantly less time to insert than without it.
  • Added an option for Drag and Drop insertion. Only one insert mode can be used at a time due to a Studio conflict. I spent at least 4 hours trying to debug why they couldn’t be used in tandem. I believe the drag function conflicts with MouseButton1 actions.
  • Fixed a label issue where the entire label was deleted instead of just the custom flag.
  • Fixed an issue where custom objects could be created with existing ClassNames.
  • Fixed a BrickColor replication issue. (I forgot to add the variable to a function parameter.)
  • Fixed an OnInsert positioning issue.
June 20th, 2022 | v1.1.1
  • Fixed an issue where defaults were still being replaced while closed and ReplaceDefaultsWhileClosed was set to false.
  • Known Issue: Drag and Drop does not behave as intended due to what I believe is a Studio bug. Once dragged into the screen, you have to re-click in order to view your drag. I believe this is another bug with mouse inputs between windows. This did work as intended during testing but now has randomly stopped working properly, even during testing.
June 24th, 2022 | v1.1.2
  • Fixed a typo when loading settings. (A setting was being loaded as a different saved setting.)
July 2nd, 2022 | v1.1.3
  • Fixed a default settings typecheck error causing no settings to be loaded for new users.
13 Likes

What do you mean by this?

They mean the default content in a Script.

1 Like

When you create scripts, by default Studio adds print("Hello world!") to the first line. If you have a few empty scripts in your place or just don’t bother removing it, every time you playtest or debug your output get spammed with a bunch of Hello world!'s.

Oh okay thanks, I forgot about that since I just always do ctrl a and del without even noticing

1 Like

Very good plugin! Def can be useful for some people.

1 Like

I gotta put this one in my bookmarks.

I ran into problem. I can create a new profile but I can’t save custom objects and the custom object doesn’t even appear in the list. I reinstalled the plugin multiple times. No difference. The settings don’t load at all:

And the following are enabled:

No errors or warnings in the output.

Is there something else that is required?

1 Like

Whoops! Sorry about that. Looks like the previous patch ran into an error with the default settings typecheck. What happened was that new users wouldn’t have any settings to load and when loading the defaults, it ran into an issue. During testing I had previous settings from before the 1.1.2 patch so I didn’t come across the error!

Thanks for the bug report! I sent out a new patch (1.1.3) to fix the settings issue. With the settings fixed, the rest of the plugin should work as normal. :smile:

1 Like

Also one more thing I thought I mention about the previous patch is that it would refuse to insert any object no matter how many times you clicked it. Of course it is fixed now, thanks!

1 Like