Intellisense Crashes Studio

Seriously… A few days ago I was trying to help out a friend by deleting all of his lag fires in his game for him. I downloaded a copy of his place from him and was working in it. I would get probably 10-20 characters in the command bar and it would freeze up and crash… It took me 6 tries to finally delete the lag fires. I had to type out the code in Notepad then paste it into the command bar… That’s just sad :(…

I tried to isolate the cause, but it was just so random… It seems to happen when non-letter characters are present in the command bar, but I can’t figure out which ones, how many, if other letters are assisting in the trouble, or if it is also do to my laggy computer.

Just today I typed “game.” into the command bar, and as I hit the period, studio froze. :frowning:

Luckily, I have autosave on. So, I don’t lose much progress when studio does decide to crash.

I don’t know if this has already been addressed or not, but it is incredibly annoying and I would like it fixed. I hope I’ve supplied enough information.

The current workaround for the command bar is to just write the command into an editor like Notepad++/Sublime Text/A roblox script, and copy+paste the text into the command bar.

The intellisense on ROBLOX is the cause of the crash, no doubt about that.

This just happened to me a few minutes ago during start player. I was going to change one of the player’s properties manually and it froze up while I was typing the suggested property

Studio crashed when I wasn’t even at my computer. I left for a bit with a place loaded and came back to it not responding.

We released a patch for this earlier today. Let us know if the problem persists after updating.

Just crashed a second ago while typing.

[quote]
Just crashed a second ago while typing. [/quote]

This is probably reproducible now that we’ve eliminated the source of random instability. Do you remember what you were typing? Using a non-terminated loop without a wait in the command bar will still hang and crash Studio.

[quote]
Just crashed a second ago while typing. [/quote]

This is probably reproducible now that we’ve eliminated the source of random instability. Do you remember what you were typing? Using a non-terminated loop without a wait in the command bar will still hang and crash Studio.[/quote]

I wasn’t executing any commands, I was starting to type 'game:GetService(“InsertService”):LoadAsset(id), and it hung up around Insert.

I still have crashes. If you mean the actual version of roblox studio, then the patch seems to have had no effect. If you mean a gametest version of studio or something then I have no clue.

I typed “game.Selection”, after the game.S the intellisense came up and I finished typing it myself. Then as I was near finished with the word “Selection”, crash: “Roblox needs to quit, we’re sorry!”

Then I retried it typing “game.Selection:G”
I clicked on the intellisense button for “.Selection” then as I hit Shift+G It crashed… XD

This issue still persists for me. Just curious if any Roblox employees are still trying to fix this. I had the same kind of crash just happen in the script editor. Please devote attention to a fix.