Internal game enables Keyboard/Mouse after chatting

This has been happening across multiple games for both myself and other players. When you open the chat window, say something, then close it, the game somehow enables the Keyboard and Mouse which essentially breaks games that check to see if the player is on a mobile device or PC.

This has been tested and confirmed with UserInputService, and you can even see the standard Roblox cursor after chatting above the textbox. The odd part is this doesn’t occur with the emulators within Studio and only on the physical mobile device.

Workaround: I have found out you can, for now, create a work around by getting if a device has the MouseEnabled, KeyboardEnabled, and TouchEnabled as soon as they join (aka while loading) then relay it to everything else that requires such information. The only issue with this is by rare chance the mobile device chooses to connect a Mouse or Keyboard during gameplay.

12 Likes

I have just experienced this bug today while playing around with the UserInputService’s LastInputTypeChanged which was returning the Keyboard Enum and displaying the cursor on my phone; in my case when opening the chat and pressing backspace in the chat when the bar is empty.

(My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7)

2 Likes

This issue affects my game as we check if the player is on mobile to enable auto sprint when they walk forward. If the player is using an Android device and is typing into a textbox (like the chat box) and they press backspace while nothing is in the textbox, it breaks the detection and the auto sprint disables. On IOS devices, this doesn’t happen.

1 Like