Introduce Avatar Scales to the Rig Builder

Before I say anything, I have no clue where plugin-related requests go. Please point me in the right direction if you know where these go.

As an animator and modeler it is sometimes difficult to work with games that use custom avatar scales. Ever since Roblox introduced Rthro and the ability to change the player’s avatar scaling, there became a demand for precise models and animations that work flawlessly with certain avatar scales and with that, developers that are up to the task.

Currently, the built-in Rig Builder only allows for either for Rthro and R15 or the R6 avatars. The problem is that there is no in between for Rthro/R15. The current workaround is to import about 20-30 different versions of your own avatar with different scaling and store them as a model in your inventory or in a separate place. This makes work that requires precision rather difficult as you need to keep track of said rigs that need to be kept on the side before being able to import them where needed which sometimes does take time to find the model/place.

If Roblox were to address this issue, it would make working with custom scale avatars easier as it would cut time for those who have a lot of models in their inventory or keep said rigs in a separate place. This would also encourage developers to work with more custom scaled avatars and utilize those settings in their games instead of just sticking scales selected by the users and hoping that the custom scales and animations don’t break or do a lot of damage.

6 Likes