[CLOSED] Introducing Generic0001 ~ Blender Modeling Wizard

Generic0001 ~ Freelance Modeler

High-Quality Assets for a Low Price

I. Introduction

Hello there! You can call me Generic for the time being. I am a Developer here on Roblox, specializing in Blender Modeling. Where did I begin? I joined Roblox during March of 2013 (According to the join-date API on my old account) and began developing 4 years ago. I began with building, as it was the easiest to grasp, and I stuck with it. Roblox studio had many limitations to my building experience, so after three years or so I switched to Blender. On the devForum, I am offering my experience and skills as a Modeler.

II. Skillset

I am proficient in the following tasks regarding Blender:

- Modeling
 - Modifier Work
 - Node-Based Texturing
 - Texture Baking
 - UV Texturing
 - Blender/Studio Exporting
 - GFX Work & Rigging

III. Portfolio

Weapons.

Food.

Accessories.

Nature.

TreeIsland

Cars.

Sculpting.

Note: This portfolio will be updated regularly to include recent works.

IV. Availability

Official Spring Semester Schedule [CST]
Sunday: 3PM - 11PM
Monday: 3PM - 11PM
Tuesday: UNAVAILABLE
Wednesday: 3PM - 11PM
Thursday: 3PM - 11PM
Friday: 3PM - 12PM
Saturday: 10AM - 12PM

V. Payment

I strongly prefer payment through group funds. I require a signed contract discussing payment and accountability terms for any position over 1,500 RBX.

Tips are generally expected.

Contact

Discord: Generic0001#0001
Gmail: Generic0001scpf@gmail.com

8 Likes

I love the low-poly car! I am thinking about hiring you.

3 Likes

I am open to any contracting position, though I prefer for it to be short-term and asset/payment associated.

2 Likes

Hi! Your discord is invalid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Discord is invalid, can you update this and tag me?

1 Like

I am clearly, unequivocally, NOT for hire. Read the title. @grar21 You too.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that a simple conversation in discord meant that it was automatically related to hiring you.

1 Like

Overall, a pretty average portfolio that needs some work.

Few pointers:

The overarching message I got from this post was that you were some well-known, highly regarded modeler. Unfortunately, I feel you overplayed your hand here. The work, while perfectly viable for many Roblox projects, is not something I would particularly consider “high-quality”, even at the miraculous hands of a self-proclaimed “modeling wizard”. The composition of your renders is mediocre at best, with the lighting not doing an adequate job of showing off your model’s details, and the models themselves being framed in far-away, off-center positions. The actual models, particularly the guns, have very odd topology, being poorly accentuated by the flat shading (auto-smooth?). You pride yourself on being “proficient in UV texturing”, but it only looks like simple material color replacements that don’t really require that much work (meat render and sculpt notwithstanding). Portraying yourself in this manner comes off as incredibly pretentious and will definitely drive off clients who no doubt will feel deceived.

What?? Tips, especially in this line of work, are NOT expected. A client will request a quote on a service you provide, and then will deliver payment upon which you will begin work (don’t get scammed, rookie mistake). After completing it, the asset will be delivered and, congratulations, you’ve got another commission under your belt. No client in their right mind would feel so inclined as to provide you with any more payment. Trust me, clients want to spend as little money as possible on commissions, and the thought that people on here would like to reward you for doing such a “great job!” is laughable.

Generally, I think you need to keep your portfolio concise and let the clients themselves create their own opinions of your skills and work quality.

Also, in the case of your reply:

Don’t assume what your clients intend. There’s nothing wrong with them asking a question in your DMs, and infact those types of interactions should be encouraged. Placing them into a box and at the same practically disrespecting them is a great way to turn them away.

3 Likes

Looks not bad, most great work is a car I think.