Introducing Mr_Purrsalot

Hello Developers!
My name is Mr_Purrsalot, and I recently joined Roblox as a Senior Software Engineer to help you make amazing games.

Background
I started programming in the 1980’s, and I have a lifetime love of hardware and software. The computer landscape keeps changing, and I keep learning new things. My children introduced me to Roblox, and I was thrilled to be offered the chance to work on this amazing platform.

What do you do at Roblox?
I work on tools. You make the game. I make tools to help you make games even better. I will be building, fixing, and designing new tools that help you get the most out of the platform, starting with security - protecting your UGC assets from copycats and preventing certain exploits from working. Security is a very cat and mouse game, so I won’t go into any more details than that.

Anything else?
You may from time to time find me in your games like one of the Roblox Video Stars did, and so I had an unanticipated cameo in his video… So I guess I’m already internet famous.

:cat: Meow for now! :cat:

:roblox_light: Mr_Purrsalot

270 Likes

Welcome! Excited to see you around the community some more!

22 Likes

What engineering team are you working on specifically? Web? Client? Security? Every single one of them? A little bit of this, a little bit of that?

14 Likes

Welcome, Mr_Purrsalot! Glad to see more staff around the community some more.

8 Likes

Congrats! I’m excited to see what you bring to the developer community.

6 Likes

That’s quite the background, congratulations on joining the engineers that make roblox what it is.

5 Likes

Welcome! Glad to see you around.

5 Likes

Brooo that’s cool 1980’s?? dangg Glad to have you here man!

5 Likes

Welcome! The community as a whole is always excited to see new faces brought into the Roblox!

4 Likes

Oh, you. :joy_cat:

Welcome to the blitzball team. Glad we’re getting someone to help with security!

9 Likes

Welcome Mr Purrsalot! Nice to see another cat friend :slight_smile:
Nice to see someone coming on to help out with security for ugc as well, great that they’re making that a priority!

4 Likes

Welcome Mr_Purrsalot! I hope you enjoy helping many users.

3 Likes

Welcome, glad to see more security in the future.
It would be nice if exploits can be stopped on Roblox’s end too or whatever it is that is being worked on

2 Likes

welcome Mr_Purrsalot, my gray cat said meow to you too.
:grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome Mr_Purrsalot to the Community! Hoping a lot can be done with those exploit fixes in the future and looking forward to seeing you in the Roblox Community.

3 Likes

Thrilled to see you work for Roblox! Welcome to the family :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Welcome! Can’t wait to see what you have in stock for us in the future.

2 Likes

Developer Tools is cross-discipline. We work on some aspects of Studio such as Built-In Plugins (Toolbox, Marketplace, Terrain, …) and some aspects that touch UGC and web and Client. Right now, I am mostly working on the intersection of C++ and Lua and not on the back end side.

10 Likes

I wonder how your children feel to have a dad that works on Roblox.

I’m super excited for that!

12 Likes

Welcome, and that’s so cool, I also started coding in the 80’s, and my children were the ones to introduce me to Roblox XD … Giving you some OG coders love. XD

1 Like