Introducing NGChassis 1.02: Open source, simple, realistic

After a short time, NGChassis, made by myself, @AlphaEpsilon290, is now in version 1.02!
NGChassis was built to meet the need for a simple yet realistic chassis, not only for building, but also learning to script. A-Chassis is perfectly fine, but it’s not really the best for 10-year-olds learning to code. This could be the simplest scripted chassis on ROBLOX, ever (51 lines of code in total!). It’s meant to be studied, reverse engineered, and learnt from. In other words, this is a fully open-source chassis! NGChassis can be found here.

Update: NGChassis 1.03 released!

17 Likes
What features should I add?
  • Gauges on player enter
  • Drifting
  • Engine Sounds
  • Other (Please reply)

0 voters

7 Likes

You Should add An the new fuction E to enter!

2 Likes

Nice idea. With Proximity Prompt would be sick

4 Likes

Your suggestion has been made note of. Will be adding when I have time.

2 Likes

Good job! It’s well made, however I don’t recommend not having the wheels return to a straight position, could be difficult for players.

2 Likes

I think I could have the the car default to 0 as the target angle when the steer is set to 0… :+1:

1 Like

Your suggestion will be implemented in NGChassis 1.04.

1 Like

I’m not sure what “Drifting” would entail, if added. Are we talking nfs style rails drifting, which is (at least imo) overall boring and too hand-holdy, or realistic/actual drifting similar to what you can do with A-Chassis (needing to tune the car more for drifting, counter steer, control the throttle, all that jazz)?

1 Like

I actually have no idea, so far. The only thing I’m thinking is have a button that, when clicked, will set the traction for the wheels to 0.01 or something, so maybe a little of both? On my to-do list for NGC 1.04.

1 Like

BTW, I’ve never played NFS, so I don’t know what “rails drifting” means.

1 Like

By rails drifting, I mean in the sense where the car is automatically guided along the drift, where it’s a lot harder to spin out due to the large amount of assists sticking it to rails so to speak

1 Like

Can you send a video of this in action please?

3 Likes

This is well-made, however, have you considered turning this into a module for compatibility?

1 Like

Here. One is adding a body to the car, and the other is driving the car.
Adding Body.wmv (5.0 MB) Driving.wmv (2.0 MB)

I didn’t know if you meant installation or actual driving so I did both

1 Like

What do you imply by “compatibility”?

1 Like

The ability to use it on another model. (and easier scripting adjustments)

1 Like

Yes, I should be able to get that, but I don’t think any car is organized with Front Drivetrains and Rear Drivetrains separate from the motors and springs. I might be able to unify all the scripts though.

2 Likes

Are engine sounds implemented? if not how can i do so?

Also, what are the changes in update 1.03?

You didn’t have to bump a 1-year-old topic, I haven’t implemented them yet. NGChassis 1.02 is no longer maintained, I’m already at NGC 1.05G, and sadly the NGChassis Project hasn’t received any updates since last year. If there’s enough interest, I’ll consider restarting work on NGC1.09G.

1 Like