Introducing: PetFollow v.01

PetFollow v.01
Is a script that allows Players to insert their own Pets with ease.

As a member of DevForum - I’ve seen many struggle with achieving a Pet System that doesn’t require the Pets to float: As seen in countless simulators.

This script allows Players to insert Pets that follow behind.

Instructions are provided within the Model itself. Feel free to take a look and provide any feedback at all.

Edits:

24/03/2020 - 21:22 GMT -
System re-coded and republished.
Currently working on the ability for the model(s) to jump if needed.

25/03/2020 - 12:30 GMT -
Added the ability for Pet(s) to jump along-side the Player.
Currently patching a bug that causes the Pet to fling away when returning to Player after MaxDistance is exceeded.

25/03/2020 - 13:27 GMT -
Added the ability for Pet(s) to detect obstacles in-front of themselves in order to jump over.
Hopefully fixed the glitch that caused the flinging when returning the Pet to the Player.

Please note this is my first public / community resource and there is plenty of room for improvement.

V2 available:

16 Likes

I have been trying to script this for a while. Thanks for creating this awesome script. I will surely use it in my game. Keep up with the updates.

2 Likes

Hey! So I tried it out, and I noticed if you step onto a higher platform, the pet stays at the same height and gets stuck. I have a screenshot here:

Other than that it works pretty fine.

4 Likes

Yes - Sorry.
It would seem I forgot to implement any sort of jump function. :thinking: :sweat_smile:

The way it works is by remaining at ground level depending on whatever is beneath it.

1 Like

Yes, and also if any object is in the way it gets stuck, just things you can improve on. Good luck!

3 Likes

Once u have found a fix for it can u update the asset?

1 Like

Actually working on a v02 that will be available shortly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

v.02 uploaded.