Introduction thread for new forum members

Hello! Im GdGdGs24! I actually have no idea how i found roblox, tho it was problably from browsing on youtube, I got started because uh. because i wanted to make games! yeah…, My Goals are: 10K visits, My role is Scripting and Building,I cant spell certain things, I dont know why.

Hello! I’m new here. Have been playing for awhile but building for a week. I currently am a student in computer aided drafting and design aka CAD. Specifically have used autocad but have discovered the fun of building for games through roblox studio and blender. Modeling is closely related but very different to what I’ve been doing for school. It is however close enough to let me understand building concepts a little better. My current goal is to be a builder as a second job/hobby. Glad to finally be part of the forum.

Hello, I’m Crazys! I have been on this platform for about 4 years now. I forgot how I found this platform but it was probably from Youtube or something. I first started “development” about 3 years ago with my odd game ideas mostly for quick laughs and stuff (they didn’t last long). I watched youtube tutorials at first and then started using the developer forum and hub for my creations. My current goal is to make games that are worth playing for people and especially my friends. I’m an average Programmer because of my knowledge of Lua, Java and Javascript. I don’t have a lot of experience with building, gfx, etc. That’s all I wanted to share.

Happy Christmas! :christmas_tree: :grin:

1 Like

I found Roblox maybe 2017, and I was a little bit interested in the game because there are lots of games on one Website.

I started developing games on Roblox about 2018, but I don’t have any experience in programming and any other development stuff so I stopped. This year, in the month of July, is started learning again and it was a little difficult but I did handle it xD.

I’m currently building a role-playing game, I also want to improve my programming skills and building.

I’ll say 70% Programmer because I Love to code, like I feel good when I’m scripting things and figuring out how to fix something. Also I love UI designing and modelling.

I really wan’t to join a developer team xD That’s all <3

Hello, I’m Silent. I ave been building since 2013 and have progressed within robloxs development. I now can script, and model.

Hellooooooooo~! EVERYONE! :^)

I’d like to introduce myself as Tabby! (Ta · bee) Pretty much a Domestic cat as my username! Leaving any type of Feline Topics… For now! :smiley_cat: I must say that Im extremely Thankful for being a part of the Developer forums Since it gave me so much to Learn, Show And Participate into. For the past months I met so much amazing people without even Making an introduction first. Which gave me to think… Unbelievable! :open_mouth:

And yeah… Here I am after some time I must admit that The last months were so much into Learning new things and do what Im really passionate too! I couldn’t stop being so thankful For what this community contributes into so much people. Like me and You the person reading this post! (Thank you so much for stopping by! :honeybee: :blossom:) And all the people around here! :grin:

Smiling while I was reading everyone Introduction threads gave me so much to think about!
So hopefully I can make my introduction as good as everyone did in this Topic! :blush:

Following the format I actually found roblox by and Ad with my younger brother while trying to search for the Pig Mob in minecraft on a really colorful website It was on the top of the screen after that. :smile:

We actually used to play as guests since the first time we got connection for the first time
Was on 2017! Our parents didn’t really Knew much about computers so trying to make an Account took us 3 Months to realize until I was randomly spamming the keyboard and Finally got an account! We learned through the time on How roblox worked and Saw a blue Roblox icon on the desktop! Which made me think it was just an extra program that would Make the app work… How wrong I was. ^^’

On 2018 I decided to reinstall roblox after my computer was formatted And once again I saw that Blue roblox icon. Which I decided to give it a try and actually started to make a baseplate trying to get a Place done! :full_moon_with_face: With all the knowledge I got from Roblox Studio Interface at that moment I took a lot of free models and a Space skybox within all those models trying to make a thumbnail for my place got me a Warn by a model called “Oof Train” I personally still find it very curious that I got a Warn by Auto generated thumbnails to this day. :laughing: After that I just made some models and got back to play some games until a Year after where This leads into the next part! ;D

For 2019 I actually took a break from roblox to try new things out for being my first year on Highschool It wasn’t the best honestly but It gave me so many chances to see the design of So many singleplayer games making me think for the first time! “How did they make that?”

I can’t believe 2020 gave me so much time to discover more about what I’d really like to do!
It has been a journey all this time Deciding to make something on Mid-July and watch some Tutorials about how to make a Block move to a point A to point B I found about TweenService and The Forums! Which gave me 3 Core roles that Im passionate about! :grin:

Animating, Programming And Composing

Trying to get a bit of more knowledge during Mid-August I actually found a Topic
about Animating by @SkyWalk1n Which gave an introduction in the world of Animation! Without that post I’d never knew about it after all! Jack was such a huge Inspiration that kept me improving when it came into animating I’d never knew about such a Huge part of My Roles without that topic. :blush:

Programming was a reason I started to go back again Into development after playing is many singleplayer games and the clever way they use the properly work I fell in love on how Well-Developed The wild west was! :star_struck: My main inspiration @tyridge77 (Sorry for the pin Tyler :sweat_smile:) And his entire team working on the game Had me in love since the wild west was a part of the egg hunt of this year! I haven’t stopped playing it since it came out free. I actually got really curious about how the game worked behind the scenes, One of the reasons that I got back into development starting this year! :smile:

Composing is such a creative and unique part of development I’d personally find it as a perfect way to express your Feelings, Situation Or even sound effects! You could really have a Character Manager of a skyscraper on a Blue suit to have a Violin voice and Expressions if Well Implemented! @JasonSpero Was someone that Insipired me to always Try new things out I would have never imagined me trying to compose instrumental! Since Im not a really voice type of person. I find it really fitting for me, A piece called You are enough on Jason’s Portfolio Had me really interested into trying Composing out!
Even tho I don’t really have any Instrument I’m still trying to compose songs in the wild west Piano with a keyboard. ^^’ Overall! It’s still worth a try and even more in the future!

I really have a Huge amount of goals which are developed all the time. Such as trying to get a phase of an animation done that just got in my mind as a small goal to finish the work for The day I am in currently And improve even more! I Wouldn’t really say I have any specific goal just yet But just make Memorable Experiences that come into the Roblox Platform, That’s right! :grin: Singleplayer games may that are supposed to just be played a couple of times are a Core for us! Me and my younger brother were thinking about for such A long time now that just got for so much ideas! Even tho they may be Not popular at all The profit is not our principal goal as long the make an Experience for the player That’s all That We will make it count to have Achieved Our goal.

I’m really sorry if this have been a lot I can show you something I promise! :lemon:

My first and last animation

Show who did it!

It wasnt me!

Psst… They’re actually my first and second animation, I can’t believe the second one took me within 3 months to get done! Animating can be really time consuming :sweat_smile:

Im so sorry for the Quality that are on the videos! They may be not the best but I promise it will get a lot better on future posts. :sweat_smile:
Overall… I believe That’s everything That I need to show to make my introduction thread!

~Wait! Another question? D;
-Of course! We still got one

Anything else would you like to include?

Oh! :grin:
Even tho my Name Tabby refers to cat is so many languages
I also… Have a very big Teacup Maltese puppy! ;D

-Moonzy: I don’t think it was like that…
~Tabby: Right! ^^

Im honestly to Thankful to have met all the people around here, So Grateful of being a part of the Roblox Community I couldn’t Imagine what I would do without this Platform that has and will have Place in my heart!.. What a long journey you have been through Reader. :smile:

I Believe That’s everything that I have to say… Good luck Reader Into your future projects and passion role… And yeah! Thank you so much for your Patience and have took your time to read all of this. It Really means a lot to me! :purple_heart:

~Sincerely Tabby

9 Likes

Awesome story! Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Hey there! My name’s kappyta_n and I’ve been playing ROBLOX ever since 2013, maybe even 2012 as a guest.

I found ROBLOX from a former friend in Facebook, where he usually shared about the games he played in ROBLOX. This genuinely interested me as he looked like he’s having fun with the platform. To be honest, developing in ROBLOX didn’t click for me - maybe because I was dumb child with developing brain at that time - but when I played games with maps or showcase games, it somewhat inspired me to build and build I did - well tried to build prior to 2017 - and slowly but surely, I improved by helpful members in the site! My current goal is push myself and the engine to the limits so I could build beautiful worlds and places for people to see! I mainly do building, but I would like to try other things like scripting, modeling and etc. Also I have a building group that I just made recently called “Anchored Association”.

1. How did you find Roblox?
I found the platform around 2014-2015. I believe I found it through an ad or appstore lol.

2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
I’ve played video games from a very young age and always wanted to design my own, and have been attempting to script, build, etc. since I first found the platform (of course, I was young at the time and only used free models, and only seriously started developing in the past year or two).

3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
I’m hoping to get into UGC, and design a game.

4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc.)
I design GFX’s, make UGC concepts, and I’m learning to script/model.

5. Anything else you would like to include
Of course my username is Crazee_Monkee, but you can call me Jay!

Thanks for reading my introduction!

1 Like

Hello! I’m JeiBlue and I like to do a little bit of everything, whether it be scripting, building, texture creation, making clothing, and well you get the idea.

I found out about Roblox through a friend of mine around 2010, and have stuck around ever since albeit on a different account now. I started developing around 2013 with some small builds and messing around with free models for scripts. Right now I’m just trying to improve on what I already know and get better at scripting specifically, but I’ve worked as almost every type of role in the community, the things I’m best at though are in this order: building, scripting, UI/logo design, and clothing. It’s nice meeting you all and hope we can help each other out in the future!

Greetings Everyone, heard from the leveling up bot that I should post here once I got member so that’s what I’m going to do. (Note this may be a long one, I tried to condense it but hopefully it’s good enough since I’m worried this will be too long)

As you may have already seen by now, my name is CoreyStar7 and I’ve always wanted to become a game programmer or game builder at some point in my life as either a hobby or even a job of sorts since I might as well use my new found hobby to it’s full potential!

I mostly found Roblox off of YouTubers who were playing quite the handful of good games back in 2016, so right after I heard about the platform I decided to create an account and I’ve been hooked ever since, however my spark for Game Development in Roblox didn’t grow until I saw places on Roblox called “Obbies”, so naturally since I was a young-ling and thought they were cool at the time I decided to give it a shot, I thought to myself how hard can it be? I mean it’s got to be very easy… I placed two huge brick cubes using the terrain tool and called it a day. Then I soon realized that maybe I don’t have the knowledge to do this yet, so when I came back to try the idea again in 2017 I finally learnt how to use Roblox Studio correctly.

After about 2 years of making very basic and bare-bones games I finally put my hand down and actually begun to learn basic coding and how professionals made games in Roblox Studio, from that sparked my first ever successful game on the platform, Sonic Xtreme Roblox. After working on that project for almost an entire year and failing to make it look good I decided to drop it for a bit and work on something else, that something else would become The Backrooms Revisited, since I became HOOKED with the entire Backrooms Concept.

As of current I’m still unsure of what my “Role” as a Game Developer would actually be, I’ve done a lot of coding recently but in my opinion I’m nowhere near as good of a programmer as I want to be, however I do a lot of building and the people who look at my creations think they are pretty good, so if I had to choose between the two it would most likely be Programmer.

I don’t really have much else to say other then I’m not sure how much I’ll be posting here, considering I have a lot of things to do in my life I can’t really talk much here and when I can, it’ll most likely to ask for help with scripting since I’m still quite new to Lua.

Thanks a bunch for reading this long introduction, it might be a little too long but I wanted to get most things covered otherwise I’d be leaving information out that would need to be there to explain everything how I’d like. See you around!

1 Like

Greetings, I am MysticRCL

1. I found it in the appstore 7 years ago.
  2. By being mega bored.
  3. I am a discord bot developer, just here for some resources.
  4. Discord Bot developer.
  5. Nope.
1 Like

Hello! I’m shreder856 or just shred for short. I was 8 when I first found Roblox looking for a game to play (I had found one called block land first I think but it was trash so I found this!) I have been playing since 2008 and am a veteran on Roblox but a noob on this site LOL. I have never been intrested in development-ish until now but I am looking more to assemble a team and see myself as a creative vision for my project(s) currently I am planning a high school roleplay type game called Atlantis High that hopefully can rival Royal high some day :persevere:

Thanks for reading and accepting me ^~^

1 Like
  1. I first found ROBLOX after some of my friends were on it!

2. I first started by making a myth museum when I was a myth hunter a few months ago.

3. My only achievement so far is over 250 place visits but I will have more achievements very soon!

4. My role is builder and I strive to be a great one!

1 Like

keycount here,

I don’t have any huge goals right now beyond learning and developing my skills. Eventually, however, I hope to make a few projects for my portfolio and maybe even a small game for my friends to enjoy; it’s always been a dream I’ve had. :sparkles:

2 Likes
  1. It has been a while, I do not actually remember how I’ve found roblox, I’ve changed my account, I normally joined to roblox in 2014

2. My friends helped me learn how to program on roblox, then I started learning blender to make 3D models, that’s how I’ve beginned. I aswell can program C Sharp. (EDIT: I started programming about 4 years ago.)

3. I want to be a lot better at programming rLua, that’s my goal.

4. Programmer mainly.

5. Nothing really.

1 Like

Hello, my name is a987a! I found roblox through my older brother. I started development since I was inspired by games such as Jailbreak. My current goal in the platform is to complete one full game. I script stuff.

1 Like

Hey I am new to devforum and I am happy to finally get to be in here

so my name is D0RYU and I am started playing roblox the momment tix was removed so I never got to feel the pain from others. anyways I started to develop some minor games and I wasn’t making anything special I was mainly using the toolbox a while back. I made my first actual game called The Unknown and it isn’t the best but it was good at the time. after this is when I decided to script and omg I got good at it i’ve made a lot of stuff that im really proud of and I have a huge game coming out christmas 2020 so thats hype.

thank you for letting me in here because I have been waiting a while and this community is great :smiley:

1 Like

Greetings I’m SWARMHOST77

I’m currently working on a medieval group as a head dev. I started my developer career about 2 or 3 years ago with longbows. I wish to learn more and more ways to script to provide the best experience that in the future the medieval genre will be as big as ones such as the Napoleonic genre. I used to think developing was a free way to get robux but I was sorely mistaken but instead I dropped my initial incentive of greed and follow my passion of scripting and making immersive and innovative tech for the medieval genre. I know I will get there one day!

Thanks for having me and I hope I cant interact with others in the future :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello, I am n_nO0o. I am a new member to this form and I can’t wait to get started using it! Thats just about it.

1 Like