Introduction thread for new forum members

I’m so late but welcome :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums, new members! :grinning:

3 Likes

So, I’m MakkieMon. Nice to meetcha all.

I guess I was just building on roblox in games for like 7 years for fun and one day met a dev that said, “eh, you can be doing this for actual games.” Hard to take that I’ve made it this far and going to RDC as well. I appreciate being accepted as a member! I hope to further my skills beyond building and reach the top! Already added a few more skills to my list like graphic design/UI Design, and mechanics design. Working on learning scripting, animation, and composing music. :smiley: Thanks for the opportunity!

6 Likes

Welcome!!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m phoca
I found roblox while I was playing a flash game in 2009 and I accidentally clicked on a roblox ad, then automatically I loved roblox.

When I found roblox, I always wanted to make funny games, but they were bad. Until in 2013 I tried to have an achievement system, but I never found one, so I needed to learn how to script to use the Data Persistence

I’m trying to make single player games, I love to write stories and I want to use them to make people feel emotions and make them enjoy those stories. With my friend, we own a group for the spanish community called Español. It’s very successful, It have 72k members, but we are trying do the best to bring them fun games, hangouts to make new friends and we are trying to make them keep their identity from a world that is globalized and is trying to tell them that their culture, country or life is wrong or is not the best.

Inside the developer community I’m a programmer, I want to think that I’m good as UI designer.

I would like to thank you for inviting me to the forum.:grinning:

10 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Fresh_Effect and I’m most known on Roblox for my Obstacle/Card Game “Obby Squads.” I began playing roblox around 2010 and began developing around 2014. Roblox has always been a fun way for me to express my creativity in a 3D gaming world that I can share with others. I’m also attending RDC in the USA so I’m looking forward to meeting everyone there! I hope to learn even more in the upcoming years and continue creating unique games. Thanks for involving me in this community!

3 Likes

Welcome @phoca and @Fresh_Effect !!

3 Likes

Hey everyone, Erythia here :wave:

I am a builder, graphic designer, UI designer, artist, budding scripter, and animator! I enjoy everything Roblox though I don’t play the games much because I enjoy designing them instead.

I’ve been a member of the Roblox community since 2009 and I’ve been interested in joining devforums for quite some time. The games I aspire to create are hyper-realistic and aesthetically pleasing with features of Roblox studio that users might not be aware of. I love working with terrain and anything that flows naturally. Often times you may find me messing with particle effects or some funky animation.

I plan on majoring in a computer or engineering related field in college, and I hope to pursue game design. I’m very honored to become a member of the Roblox devforums. Thank you!

8 Likes

It’s just about time, after one of the most controversial nominations threads I’ve ever seen. I’m so happy that you are finally in the devforums (and attending RDC). Erythia deserves an incredibly warm welcome, she is one of the best developers I know.

3 Likes

Welcome!! It’s nice to see you’re finally here!! I keep seeing your work popping up on my twitter and every time I see it, my jaw drops!

2 Likes

Welcome! :smile:

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

She is one of the worst devs I know :roll_eyes:

/s

(just joking of course :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

How I found Roblox
I found Roblox by an ad around 2011 when I was playing flash games.
How I got started with development on the Roblox platform
I got started with development on the Roblox platform when I thought of the original idea to make epic anime girl images that can’t be moderated by using bricks that I could show off to my friends. Once I finished that I wanted to get robux so that I could buy hats and game stuff for my account, so I started selling Roblox scripts which thoroughly expanded the scope of my scripting abilities.
My Roblox related achievements
My current achievements on the platform are a basic raytracer, optimized image rendering technology utilizing all kinds of Roblox instances involving Frames, TextLabels, bricks, Roblox’s voxel terrain, lights in zeuxcg’s lighting prototype, beams, and trails. I have also made a video player on Roblox that I call MP702© Technology, which is an obviously better version of the MP4 video file format and has been rigorously optimized over the years as I gained more knowledge in scripting which I am pretty proud of because it has become ridiculously complex at this point.
Current goals on Roblox
I plan to make my own game starting this summer and also heavily expand my knowledge on computer graphics, because I apparently like making pretty pictures appear like anime girls through computer programming. I believe that I can implement a basic (and probably low resolution) real-time rendering engine into Roblox once I learn about the core components of a 3D rendering engine. I also want to learn about 2D physics for simple demos and perhaps make my own 2D graphics API that uses 3D Roblox instances instead of GUIs since currently, Roblox UI objects such as Frames are slow and bad compared to Roblox parts which are overwhelmingly faster and graphically more versatile.
My roles in the developer community
Skidnologist and Mathologist

3 Likes

Welcome to the Dev Forums!

3 Likes

I am also New to here and it’s really a honor to be over here i found roblox with my brothers like when i had three years i dont remember so much but my brother had a computer with so many games after that the computer just died i started my development with motivations like from horror games as one created by MaxTheMagicGuy from 2014 i had my first goal on developing i had a game called The rake and arrivals in the midnight these games got popular my role in developing community is builder, scripter also called as programmer, i am Also decaler, creator of t-shirts my favorite things to create is scripts and maps When i had some motivations in developing i got very good knowledge little a little so i got my levels on roblox developing. it’s a honor to help Robloxia in making games

3 Likes

Welcome!!

3 Likes

Yeah Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome all new members! Have fun exploring the developer forum :slight_smile:

@Erythia
@richard702
@diegofisgon1234
@Fresh_Effect
@phoca

3 Likes