Investment Opportunity

transparent BARRY’S AMERICAN DINER - INVESTMENT

Greetings Potential Investors,

Do you have an interest in the dining industry on Roblox?
Are you passionate about innovation within the dining industry?
Would you like to potentially earn money whilst supporting an up-and-coming group?

Barry’s American Diner is currently seeking the help of investors to financially sustain itself for the forseeable future, and to make sure the group can have the successful release that it deserves within the next few months.

We are looking for passionate individuals who would like to play a large role within our group, contributing to our marketing, executive decisions, development and finances who would put Robux into the group in return for contribution of those four things.

Current Group Status

Currently our group has an application centre, which without ads receives at least 3 applications per day on average thus far with only 200 members. Our current advertisement which we have been running has a 0.79% CTR and nearly 3,000 clicks from only 3,000 Robux which we used to test our advertisements.

With only 1,000 Robux, we have been able to gain around 45 members each time, which considering if we ran 5,000 Robux ads, would leave us with a predicted number of 225 members which isn’t bad for a group within our industry.

Development Plans

The Development Committee currently has some ambitious goals for our V1 which will hopefully mean that our group will have the following facilities:

• Unique ordering system with user interface and iPads
  • Unique training systems, allowing trainers to have specific permissions whilst training
  • A sleek, modern and spectacular restaurant building
  • Table and party permissions, no more trollers disrupting service as much.

The full list of scripting innovations we plan to have can be viewed from this screenshot:

Our building progress is also going swimmingly so far, and we are actively starting to post previews of the V1 build within our communications server which can be found within the ‘Social Links’ tab of our group.

Investment Return
In return for investing, you will receive a share of the earnings that our group makes from Gamepasses, Developer Products and Merchandising. The current rate of investment is:

1000 R$ - 1% Weekly Earnings

This means that there are around 100000R$ worth of shares available within our group, as we plan to stay non-profit. Each share expires after three months, where you then have the option to reactivate your investment. You should stay in our group to make sure you are being paid.

Also in return, you will be given the following opportunities:

• Chance of a HR or SHR position within our group
  • All gamepasses come as standard
  • Say within development, marketing and financial decisions

Conclusion

We hope that investing into our group will be worthwhile for both parties, as we will be using our investment for running advertisements and hiring future developers to further innovate our group.

If you have any questions, please ask us on the bottom of this Topic, or join our communications server and ask a member of our executive team.

Personal Discord:
Squidzyee#4776

2 Likes

1% really isn’t much. It might take time for you to get to 100,000 in revenue. Can you please clarify on the share expiration and renewing?

100,000 is the maximum amount available.
The reason the percentage initially low is because it allows for the % to be built up.

Imagine if someone invested 20,000 Robux into the group, they would be earning 20% of the profit. I has someone once offer me around 2% for 10,000 so I’d say its quite a decent deal.

As for the expiration and renewing, the idea of that will be a fee will need to be paid for the share to be reactivated again. It’ll only be around 10% of the share amount, so that 20,000 Robux investment will only need 2k to be reactivated again which should be manageable by most investors.

I’m still juggling this factor of the shareholders process, so that fee might lower or rise, as well as the time you will have the initial share for.

I’m not sure you understood what I said. I’m trying to say that 100,000 robux in revenue (the amount needed to gain your money back) is a lot. Can you give us revenue stats? This might help potential investors evaluate if investing is worth it or not.

Could you explain why there is a fee? It’s not something I’ve seen before, so I guess you must have justification for it.

Unless if I have written it wrong, 100,000 Robux is the maximum amount that can be invested by an investor(s). You gain back money regardless of how much you invest.

As the game is in development, we don’t have any revenue statistics thus far, but we have shared our visions for the main game to try and motivate people into investing and taking what might be seen usually as a risk.

The reasoning for the fee as of now is to make sure that we are able to sustain a relationship between the investor and ourselves. It allows gives us an indicator as to whether or not the investor still has an interest within our group, which is crucial for us.

(Also would you mind sending me a message if you any more questions so that this thread doesn’t get clogged up with tons of responses going back and forth on this situation?)

For everyone out here you obviously wanna invest only if you’re gonna make a profit.

If reactivation of a share costs 100 R$ and needs to be done every 3 months, so 12 weeks you’d need to get 8.4 R$ per share per week in earnings. Since 1 share means 1% of revenue, so a revenue of 8400 R$ would be required to break even. This is before considering market place fees though, so people would need to spend 12000 R$ per week in the diner or 1.7k R$ a day to break even with fees.

1 Like

It looks like your only source of income is from the R$5 clothing (R$3 after tax)? If this is the case then you would need to sell thousands of them to let investors break even. I recommend creating more sources of income before you look for investors. This just seems like a quick way to make money by screwing over investors because in 10 months you have created R$5 clothing that has probably generated just a few hundred Robux in its lifetime. Taking R$1000 for 1% temporary stake would be a complete ripoff and it would be impossible for the investor to break even.

2 Likes

Hi Squidzyee.

Referencing the points made by @i_ncendiarism and @iNoobe_yt, you have to be careful when searching for investors. Unless the investor is inexperienced, they are generally risk-averse, a trait many successful investors adopt. As a risk-averse person, you are amicable to certain guarantees about profit. The more stable your business model and the more transparent you are with your business affairs (at least with your investors) the more comfortable investors can be with your project.

The issue brought up is that it doesn’t appear your game is optimized in regards to monetization. When creating a game with the intention of turning a revenue, you should be carefully planning how to sell your in-game content. One way of doing so is gamepasses. Another would be in-game purchases (like currency or aesthetic skins). In essence, without these features, if your only source of income is clothing, you have to capitalize on that, else you will only receive a trickle of revenue. This is one of the concerns we have with the amount of robux you’re asking to be invested and the % promise you are offering in exchange.

One thing you could do to increase incentive for investors would be to declare a payment floor, a form of security for investors. It essence, it would be an amount promise that investors would receive whether success or failure of the project. It’s important to think about things from the opposite point-of-view (investors), without bias, which is understandably difficult, but critical when persuading people to buy-in to your plan.

3 Likes

1% is nothing, I would up it also maybe give them a contract to guarantee payment after. I have know people who have been scammed.

1 Like

We’re looking to improve our shareholders program further, and we have many plans for it.
This is only an introduction, and we will be releasing contracts soon and finalising details to make sure that investing is fair and easy.

We plan on making a discord server for our shareholders to track investments and to offer further protection for their investment.

Our main plans stem further than just clothing.

As soon as we release, multiple game-passes and developer products will be released, and there is also the possibility of a membership being created which will allow the user to access perks. I can assure you that this isn’t a quick way to make money and we will be paying back our investors.

The last thing I want to do is to screw over investors, I promise that if investments fail, I will try my hardest to repay people. The group could probably thrive without investment as I am a builder actively earning Robux from commissions. These investments are to help boost our progress with its release and first few months of life.

This is being worked on for our eventual release, we plan on having multiple game-passes, developer products and also allowing users to donate if they so wish.

I think that this point has been somewhat brought up too much, clothing is just to allow for our customers to wear our merchandise and to help support the group. This will probably only be a small portion of our earnings.

This is a great suggestion, and something I should’ve included in the original post.
I will definitely be introducing and integrating more investment security over the next week to get more people motivated to invest.

If you want to appeal to more people I would suggest getting a high CTR ad since rn it isn’t looking too good also gotta say 45 members for 1000 robux isn’t very neat. I would certainly suggest improving that for your business to grow and potential investors to become more interested - hope this helps you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll definitely be looking now into possibly creating a campaign of ads which will hopefully spike more interest within our group. The 0.7 CTR rate is definitely not terrible considering the fact that we are an industry group still developing.

Getting good ads out to the community will definitely be near the top of our list to make sure that we can attract more players in the future!

While I understand from your current advertisement that you are promoting your group directly through it I would work on the ‘clickbait’ side of things to expand , also humour is a good route to go down. By joining this you can easily improve that CTR by about 2%

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Investment posts are now against the rules:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/official-rules-of-the-roblox-developer-forum/46429/52

I have hidden the topic to prevent it from being flagged going forward. Since you posted this before the rule was active, you will not receive any sort of punishment at all. Apologies for the inconvenience.