Is a game soundtrack really important?

Hello, good day! As, i was planning a future project of mine, i asked myself, is a game soundtrack, sound effects, and other sound-related assets crucial in making a game? Like myself, i tend to mute the game’s audio and instead listen to my favorite songs on Spotify. My question is, is it really worth it adding sound assets in your game?

Is a game soundtrack and other sound-related assets worth adding in your game?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Definitely. Sound is a key method of creating atmosphere and immersion within your game.

2 Likes

Of course! Without good game sounds and music, the game is bland and boring. Whether the game is happy, intense, scary, or sad, music helps deepen the mood set.

2 Likes

A perfect game could be ruined if the player has their game unmuted but no noise is coming from it.

2 Likes

A game soundtrack that is detailed yet simple is perfect! If you are working with any themed game I recommend adding different songs or soundtracks for different places or rooms. These soundtracks should be simple and happy (if that’s the vibe you are going for) or simple and sad. I don’t believe complicated songs will be as effective as simple songs (in Roblox). Anyways, hope you enjoy my feedback!

2 Likes

Soundtrack is important. Without it, the game feels boring. Players should be able to know that they are playing the game just by listening to your soundtrack (If its custom). A lot of people still listen to the music, in fact most people do.

2 Likes