Is anyone else struggling with the new Roblox Studio update?

The issue presented itself around this week whenever roblox decided to update roblox studio.

Well, for me, I’ve had that weird constraint thing for months now. Not sure if it’s your same exact issue though.

My issue is that its hard to move parts. Try moving parts around in roblox studio. I believe your presenting a different problem and i havent been having problems with constraints. Roblox did this new feature where moving parts becomes more difficult

When I try to scale an object, it sometimes selects the object behind the scale arrow and moves it, it’s really annoying especially when I’m trying to put parts together

2 Likes

i cant even build properly right now until roblox fixes this madness :((((((

2 Likes

That will probably be because you had the beta feature on and OP didn’t.

Here’s the post about its release:

Ideally if you were having trouble with it back during the beta you would have actually posted bug reports about it so they could fix your issue before launching the feature properly.

Ever since a certain update, I have to click the arrow and then “Play” because if I just click “Play” it doesn’t run.

Haven’t got THAT issue, the only issue for me is the new rotate handles,they bug out every time!

1 Like

I use f3x so I’m not really getting tool bugs.

f3x is cool but with THAT rotate tool, you cant tell where its located, the handles stay in the same place!

Switch it to “Last” to see where the handles are.

1 Like

Use f3x instead guys its more efficient that inbuilt studio building tools

2 Likes

Please do not misuse categories, find the appropriate category to post in. Don’t pick a random category to post in if you do not know where this post belongs: look around at the categories or the rules.

The Cool Creations category is for showcasing works that you are looking for feedback or discussion on, not for reporting issues or talking about Studio. I have moved this to Game Design Support for the time being, though this isn’t right either and needs to be further reviewed for appropriateness.

Please use the Platform Feedback categories if you wish to report bugs, unintended occurrences or any other troubles with the platform. Issues with Roblox Studio should go in #platform-feedback:studio-bugs. Be sure to read How to post a bug report first.

I had the same issue before, i don’t really know how to fix it and sometimes my camera gets stuck when i’m trying to drag a part its so annoying.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed this issue and I build in studio daily. I use a plug-in called F3X and I feel like it has made building so much easier. Maybe try that if you haven’t already :pensive:

I hope this helps! Happy building :smiley:

Hi all, we’re sorry to hear you’re having issues! I’ve asked one of our quality assurance team members to start reaching out to collect specific information about what problems you’re having so that we can reproduce them and fix them.

And as a user mentioned earlier, it really does help us a lot when people use features we release in beta/preview so that we can fix issues before we release them to everyone. We test diligently, but you all create some really amazing and unique scenarios, and we want to ensure our tools work for you in all cases.

Thanks!

Biggest issue for me is when selecting parts it moves them without me knowing, so like 10 minutes later ill notice a lot of my parts have been displaced and I need to ctrl+z everything

If you could reply with reproducible steps we can can take a look at it.

Please provide steps to reproduce

If you can provide steps on how this is happening we will start fixing it.

My tool browser is unlocked, which means it only pops up when I click on “Home”, “Model” or one of those top buttons and disappears when I click the workspace. If I click the tool browser and then try scaling, moving, rotating, or transforming an already selected object, if the icon isn’t overlaying the object, the object either will be deselected or if there’s an object behind the icon, it will select that. (most of the time)

It also does this selecting thing whenever it happens. I think the problem is with the tool browser window being a separate window even though it pretty much looks like it’s in the same window as Studio.

im well aware and i already posted it in the right category.