Is giving Roblox to top teams in a competitive game against the TOS?

Hello, I would like to ask a question, (Never found a good category for it)
Basically I wanted to do a roblox soccer (not american football) league system where the top teams get robux each season get robux in result, I would like to ask is
giving them robux allowed or not?

2 Likes

Do not create promotions offering prizes of any sort (including contests, raffles, lotteries, chain letters or any kind of giveaway). It is okay to offer players promo codes for in-game items only so long as they are not in exchange for something (e.g., in exchange for a thumb up on your game).

2 Likes

I do not count that as a giveaway, I have seen alot of cafes and hotels offering robux to workers and its fine for them, im not sure if thats the same or not.

Giving Robux to anyone, even as a prize, is against Tos. (Unless you’re paying someone for a build or something) Not sure if Cafes are allowed to do this.

It is against the ToS, so I don’t encourage it.

1 Like

It’s against the ToS to give anyone robux it’s only allowed if you pay someone to do something (like script or build).

Sorry for the bump, I think this should be clarified a bit!

It specifically states for “promotions”, which when you google the meaning of it, it gives “the publicizing of a product, organization, or venture so as to increase sales or public awareness.”.

This leads me to believe it’s specifically meant for advertisements, game icons, and in general any icons on the site so that you can’t offer “Hey, join this game if you want 1000 Robux! 100% legit!”.

Regardless, I believe you should contact Roblox Support to get further clarification, specifically in the “Contests & Events” help category.

1 Like

I think it would be fine if you give the robux using giftcards.