Is it okay if I sell plugins outside of the roblox marketplace for real money?

1. What do you want to achieve? I am working on a plugin, and it would be sold outside of roblox for money, as devexing only gives you between 20% to 30%, and roblox takes 30% of the sales for the plugin

2. What is the issue? In the roblox terms of service, it says that selling roblox assets for real money off-platform is against the terms of service, and I don’t want to get banned for that, and I found Elttob and iGottic selling plugins outside of roblox for real money and getting away with that, another issue is roblox is changing the way how purchasing robux works, it’s now in your local currency and you can’t redeem physical gift cards outside of where you bought it, however, digital gift cards will be able to work globally, though the workaround is to buy an item from someone who lives outside of your country

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I searched here, google, nothing, literally NOTHING

As a plugin developer, I’m wondering if it’s okay to sell plugins outside of roblox for real money, I found users selling plugins outside of roblox and getting away with that, and I don’t like the currency rate with roblox, and you shouldn’t sell roblox assets for real money off-platform so I’m wondering if it’s okay

Last time I heard, you can’t retail models (plugins, scripts, builds etc.) outside of Roblox however, it would seem that other developers are doing this which could mean that it’s okay.

There are several instances of people retailing their plugins/models for real money, you can find a few examples here:

1 Like

uuhhh I’m a small developer, these people are massive developers so idek how it works

Roblox TOS applies to all creators, regardless of presence.

1 Like

how come the owner of pet sim x broke many rules of the roblox tos and didn’t get banned?

I know it applies to everyone but im not sure

I’m not sure about that situation, you’d have to ask someone else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.