Is it possible to do this, and if so, how would I do it?

So i’m scripting a game that has an inventory system, where you can have 10 wood, 5 pieces of meat, etc. so I want to show how much of a certain thing you have. ofcourse, I can’t put one wood into each inventory slot, so I want to make a custom inventory system. How would I make it so that players can’t see the default Roblox inventory system, but still be able use it? (so if you have a pickaxe in your inventory, when you press one, the roblox default inventory system will show that you have activated it, but the player can’t actually see the default inventory system, instead they’ll see something I make. Basically, they interact with the default inventory system, but the GUI looks different)

1 Like

Humanoids have a EquipTool and UnequipTools methods, so you’d have to use UserInputService to equip and unequal accordingly, after detecting proper input. To disable the default backpack, you’ll want to use StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled.

2 Likes

Would there be an easier way though, like setting the default backpack’s transparency to one?

Nope, use the SetCoreGuiEnabled method instead.

Not sure what you mean by easier way. It’s one line of code to disable the backpack:

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

For security reasons, you can’t modify the CoreGui directly so this is the only way you can remove the backpack UI.

So I would just paste in

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)

?

When I do humanoid:EquipTool(tool) in a local script, does it only show locally or also on the server?

Not Enum.CoreGuiType.All, use Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack and yes that’s it.