Is it possible to make my custom rig compatible with the Roblox Clothing system?

Hello,

So I was making a custom character for my game, the rig consists of 9 parts (parts which have SpecialMeshes in them).

So, when I made the rig, I also wanted to make it compatible with Roblox’s clothing system.
I UV Edited every part of the rig to be compatible with Roblox’s Shirt and Pants template…

I found a temporary solution to the texture applying process. I applied a decal to every part and then just changed the decal Texture to the Shirt’s/Pants’ template texture.
But, how would I make my rig compatible with roblox’s default clothing system. (When I insert a Shirt or Pants object into the player’s character group, I want the textures to automatically apply to every part of the custom rig, is there even a way to make my custom rig compatible with Roblox’s Clothing system? Or do I have to keep the current way of applying textures to the character…?)

1 Like

What happens when you put the shirt and pants into the rig?
I think so in order for this to work you have to make an R6 or R15 avatar and name all of the body parts correctly and I believe the shirts might work? I’m not sure about this as I never saw anyone try to make what you’re doing.

Nothing. No textures apply to the parts of the rig.

I tried it, but unfortunately that doesn’t work. : (