Is it possible to rig meshes inside of studio?

I’ve been scrolling through the devforum and just cant find anything about this, so I’m going to ask. Is there any possible way to rig meshes in Roblox Studio, or am I confined to Blender/other rigging applications.

1 Like

Plugins such as RigEdit Lite - Roblox allow you to rig within studio itself rather than using external applications.

1 Like

Oops, I worded my post wrong. I mean rigging meshes with bones using the new skinned meshes.

1 Like

You can rig in blender by manually putting in Motor6Ds or using plugins such as MoonAnimator, RigEditor, and so much more.

All it really takes is practice and understanding how to use those plugins to rig.

If you’re talking about skinned meshes I believe you can do that in studio with the Bone instance, but I’m not too sure how.

I predict that you would insert and position the bones in the specified mesh and rotate each bone in the animation editor.

1 Like

As far as I know using Blender would be your best option if you are wanting to rig your models to prepare them for mesh deformation.

1 Like

Alright, thank you. Hopefully someone makes a plugin of some sort to do it directly in studio. But time will only tell.

1 Like