Is my game too ambiguous?

https://www.roblox.com/games/6972471082/Mt-Marble-Demo

I recently finished this game, It seems that people only play for a minute or so then leave, which i’m pretty sure is not enough time to finish the game, and now i’m wondering, did I make it too ambiguous, i don’t think the first part is hard to figure out, can someone help me with this?

2 Likes

The game is also really good. I apreciate your effort. But the reason why people only play for a minute is because you get stuck on the 3rd stage.Because the door doens’t open.

1 Like

can you send screenshot please? :pray:t2:

Oh I left already… Sorry about that.

it’s ok, i think I know what door you mean, the one with the monster jumpscare thing?

Yeah the blue slime monster. Thats the one

Oh, that’s anoter one lol, you had to fall on top of the slime for the doors to open, did it disappear without the doors sliding open? It did kind of went undisclosed so i decided to place a sign on the corner of the room, but maybe that wasn’t explicit enough.

Played it quite a bit, and it’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

thank you very much :>
I will continue to add stages for the full version.

The game initially doesn’t have anything to “grab my attention”; an intro sequence, an apparent mystery, or action at the start would be a great way to get that attention. A great example of this in other games would be the wonder-prompting cutscene and adrenaline-flowing intro for Subnautica, or the story-rich and curiosity-inducing intro for Ramona.
Moving on, It would seem there was was a bug with the area where you unlock the jump, as I didn’t get it in my first playthrough (nothing happened and I had to rejoin)
Additionally, There was a bug where rolling into the sign brought up the UI multiple times, which can be easily fixed by incorporating a debounce into your events.
The game is definitely fun, but could use some polishing. It makes me very happy seeing more single-player games on Roblox, keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s nice to get some in-depth feedback :hugs: