Is my new math obby game innovative?

I have just created my new math obby game:

Fraction’s Pizza Obby

I appreciate if you give me some feedbacks in terms of following points.

• Is it enough innovative as a math obby game?

I think “Escape” concept is mediocre idea while I believe the obby structure itlself is innovative enough.

• Is the room too dark inside? Can you see characters on the boards clearly?

I want to make the inside of the room more bright but I don’t know how to do it.
Now I am adding extra lights, which making the atmosphere a bit strange because the setting is daytime. Do you have a good idea to make the shadowed area more bright?

• Is the ending impressive enough? If not, how can I improve?

I am not satisfied with the current ending because it is too simple.
How can I make the ending more dramatic or impressive with my limited programming skill?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I haven’t played much of it but here are some problems I found right away. When you join and hold W, you don’t get teleported and stay on top of the map. The entire map box is very bland, I think it should look more like a home. The ground should have some dropped food or boxes. Maybe add cabinets? There are weird shortcuts and it’s hard to know where to go. Maybe try to add an arrow that points you the the next checkpoint. Lastly, I think you should add a nice UI. Other than that, I love the game concept and playability :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your immediate response.

I checked again but couldn’t confirm this problem on my side.

I agree. Especially I found the floor is too clean. Yes, I should add some dropped things.
Thank you for the good feedback.

I intentionally made several shortcuts to make the kitchen like a maze.
This is to let kids think and give them certain freedom of move.
But it might be too complicated. Let me think of this for a while.

Yes, I totally agree. I should improve UI. Maybe I should add a switch to turn on or off music and bigger health meter.

Thank you so much for your enlightening feedbacks.

1 Like

I have just updated some based on the feedback.

• Added some drops on the floor.
  • Introduced Sound On/Off UI on the left.
  • Improved Health Meter in the fridge.

Fraction’s Pizza Obby

I understand the improvement is not enough.
I will continue to update.