Is their a way to make it so my Custom Mouse Wont Disappear whenever Its Hovering over a button? and also how can I scale my UI for all devices?

Hello! So I’m trying to make a custom mouse, the issue is when I made the idle mouse then what happened was whenever I hovered my mouse over something it would change to the default Roblox mouse, is their a way I can overwrite that into my game, and possibly make my own custom mouse hover icon?

Test it for yourself.

Right now the UI scale will only fit for screens that are 1366 x 768 as I do not know how to scale this for all devices sadly…

Also, How do I fix this?

Try this:

for _,v in pairs(game:GetDescendants()) do
	if v:IsA("TextButton") or v:IsA("ImageButton") then
		v.MouseEnter:Connect(function() 
			--change id of mouse
		end)
		v.MouseLeave:Connect(function() 
			--change it back
		end)
	end
end

Also the game is private.

Hope you read through the post

Do I put this in the same script as the original mouse UI?

Ever heard of the device emulator?

I think, yeah.

not trying to be mean =/

whenever I change it on a different device it changes it for all devices, so It wont work so dont just go out throwing accusations at me…

On ScreenGui, Ignore something something property, set to true.

1 Like

I cant seem to find it, Can you do this with frames or?

In the actual Screengui Instance itself, it will have that property. IgnoreGuiInset I believe.

Look into resizing UI with scale instead of offset. Heres what that means:

Making UI with Offset: {0, 200, 0, 400} (example)
Making UI with Scale: {0.5, 0, 0.25, 0} (example)

That is how the Position and Size properties should look.

Scale will fit all devices while offset will not. Use the device emulator to see how it looks!

1 Like

So do I just keep randomizing the scales?

Just play with the numbers until it looks right. Scale ranges from 0-1 in numbers. It is a percentage of screen size, so a UI with 0.5 as a number will take up 50% screen space on any device. Setting a number to 1 will fill up that axis (X or Y) completely.

Sorry for any typos I got a new keyboard and the keys are way closer together :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For all numbers?

The numbers in size and position. Just change them and see if it looks right. Just keep offset set to 0 unless you want to to vary slightly between devices.

{0.5, 0, 1, 0} ← example

1 Like