Is there a way to make SurfaceGUIs/BillboardGUIs interactive without PlayerGui?

I’m looking to make a player-to-player computer system that is independent of the client’s PlayerGui and can’t be used without it. This computer system is pretty complicated to explain (it’s basically sending messages within this computer system to other bases, as far as the other base has the computer system installed by a player), but I was wondering if it was possible to do so I wouldn’t have to worry about the client/server model of remotes, which makes this system infinitely harder if I could just make it all server sided, rather than getting the client involved with PlayerGui.

Is this even possible? I’m assuming no.

I don’t think so. As far as I know GUI’s are local only. You have no way around this. You are going to have to used remote events and function if you want to communicate from client to client.

Darn. It would be a heck of a lot easier if I could just make them entirely server sided on the surface the GUI is projected on, and would also allow other players to see what the controlling player was doing.

No it wouldn’t. Handling input on the server is horrible practice. It can lead to delays in response times. Handling UI locally is the canonical way to do it.

There would be little, if any, input at all on this computer system. The computer system is just a series of “yes” or “no”'s projected, in response to another user sending prerecorded messages, such as “do you want to be allies?”, on the surface that a user has to click.
Maybe in terms of response time it would be bad but in terms of structuring it, it would be easier