Is there any way to replay certain parts in slow-motion?

For instance, let’s say you score a goal in soccer, is there any possible way to script and re-play the last 5 seconds or so in slow-motion after you score for the player?

2 Likes

I don’t think there is currently any way of doing this without doing some hacky stuff, like cloning all the humanoids, and constantly tracking movement, and then all the characters get put in a local map, and the player has their Camera set to one of the “fake characters” ( cloned ) and then all the movement is replicated but the Humanoid’s speed is slowed down, and you would need to track the ball movement, and replicate the moment for that but a bit slower. Hope I helped or gave you an idea of how to do this!

1 Like

I thought about this, but I was just trying to think if that’d be super stressful on the server having to track for the entire game on every player

regardless, I appreciate your idea!

Yeah, so I really do not recommend having this as a feature, I believe what I suggested is most likely one of the only ways to do this.

Best of luck! I hope you find a more efficient way to do this , but I can tell you it wont be easy. I haven’t seen this feature on many games, there is one game I forgot the name to but they had some replay type of thing, and I believe they made it with the method I specified.

1 Like

Adding onto @Kensizo’s method, when the ball gets within the magnitude of a certain part, start “recording” and if in 3-5 seconds they do not score, delete the hacky replay.

1 Like

Makes sense, i’ll see what I can whip up

Oh I did this and made a module to handle it easily!

I might clean it up and open source it eventually.
It’s definitely possible though!

3 Likes

This actually looks really cool, i’ll check this out at some point!

1 Like