Is this a good idea?

So, I am going to make a game but I need to know if this is a good idea.

Unique Game Mechanics

• Community Hub - You can let other people play your world. It can be a trading hub, city, other.

• Infinite World Generation - Chunks are in 6x6 form. 20 chunks around the player can be generated at once to reduce lag, 20 can be reduced to 10 or upped to 50.

• Custom Currencies - Players are able to create custom currencies, the world needs to have a Community Hub in order to create a currency.

Game Idea

Genre: Sandbox
Audience Expected: All
So you can make a world, and pick one of these gamemodes: Creative or Survival, and pick one of these world types: Flat World, Normal World. So after you make pick your options, you need to search for resources and survive.

3 Likes

Minecraft.
This is literally Minecraft.

3 Likes

But would this be a good idea?

Optimizing infinite world generation is HARD. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

1 Like

Custom currencies would be extremely hard to make unless it’s like Minecraft plots (forgot what they’re actually called) where you can buy X block for X currency and this type of system would be hard to create I imagine.
In theory a good idea, it’ll all be very hard to make.
If you’re looking for similar ideas to this visit some F3X games (they have plots where players can build)

Remake the concept of a minecraft server in roblox. Yes, this is absolutely a good idea. Ambitious, but good. Hire me, lol

A minecraft rip-off. Good for those who do not want to buy minecraft.

1 Like

They were called Minecoins but yes, there are different regions you have to make within the world and it is quite a large plot

This is a great idea, it’s like minecraft.

A good concept and all.

My Opinion

For me, this is a 80% yes and 20% no

Why 80% yes? For me sandbox games are very very fun to play with, i mean you could waste a few hours on sandbox games really i mean it.

Why 20% no? This game concept is like Minecraft. There has been a lot of “Minceraft In Roblox” games, but if you can create a unique one and it goes well, it will be a huge game for sure.

Hope this is helpful! :tada: