Issues animating a rig because one of the joint stays locked in position

So I just finished, rigging my new character and the right and left arms are both rigged the same except the left arm seems to be locked in place, I have this problem in the past with other rigs and was never able to get past it. Any ideas? All properties are default.

https://gyazo.com/3b954f9a4741abd4f60d702f5e4aaf2d

1. >Is that object or object group anchored?<
  2. Does it follow the correct rig setup convention that R6 rigs follow? (Part0 = parentjoint, Part1 = childjoint, Parent = parentjoint, Name = jointname)
  3. Have you tried cloning the model and animating that?
  4. Does the model have a root part that everything else connects to? (Anchored and not movable, typically invisible and separate from the rest of the rig)

The issue has already been resolved.

Please post what the solution to the issue is, in case someone else is searching the forum in the future and has a similar issue.

2 Likes

The error was an anchoring issue, but what threw me off was that the subsequent motors of the anchored part turned and snapped back into place whilst adjusting the keyframe in the animation editor. Silly mistake and simple solution but something to watch out for.

1 Like

Taken care of Thomas, thanks for your attention to this topic. Again, the double posting was unintended. It’s been a very long day. :smile:

Yea check my points

I’ll give you the solution as that was the problem and solution points are precious, haha.