Just gained like 2k bot followers

Aren’t bots newly created Roblox accounts? It’s sad that Roblox would put a time stamp on when you’re able to to receive group funds, but not for the amount of time you have to wait to follow someone.

2 Likes

No, I’m pretty sure a lot of them are previously made accounts, I’m not too sure on how bots work now and if they’re good at solving captchas, but before captchas were really a thing they used to have the programs create the bot accounts with them by randomly generating usernames, random numbers, etc. with a random password & then sort of cache them?

Anyways, a lot of ‘botters’ have thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of accounts in storage that they can send whenever they want, hence the captchas on group joining, etc.

Once again I could be wrong on some of these things.

1 Like

This happened to my main account. Only 300 tho, Jesus these bots are coming back

1 Like

O, thought I was on to something. * Sad Roblox Noise *

1 Like

Yeah, someone just botted like 400 followers to my account. I don’t know how or why someone would do this. Contacted Roblox Support to see if they could do anything.

2 Likes

U can’t cus then roblox might see u have bots and ban u as they think you did it

2 Likes

Highly recommend using pre-moderation since it’s pretty easy for anyone to completely flood someone’s group wall with scam websites.

Unless you “follow and unfollow on rates which aren’t the same as a human”

6 Likes

How would this make you look bad?

1 Like

People do this by using follow bot sites/games. Roblox won’t ban you cuz my acc has been botted of followers.I hope that Roblox tries to remove it

2 Likes

Yes, these bots make the “Followers” aspect in roblox irrelevant, as seen in this example :

One Million bot followers, seriously?!

7 Likes

Yeah I remember when this happend to my old account, I went from 900 followers to 5k in the span of a few minutes.

1 Like

UPDATE: h0nda released the 15 million account he was using for his follower system.

1 Like

I had this problem like a year ago, the bots that say “click on my profile”, I never did and they usually get banned in a month or so, but still very concerning that the robot detection system is not working.

1 Like

Someone botted me aswell, i don’t know who. Im fine with it, but would be cool if i knew who did it. I noticed its going from a value from 1k-3k on others people accounts, aswell as mine.

3 Likes

I feel you. I just counted 32 pages on my followers page filled with them. I can’t tell if they’re trying to promote their scams by mass following, ban you, or do both at the same time.

3 Likes

followers dont really matter on roblox they r just a number which you can see if your popural or not and a lot of people get follower botted and having bots follow you in my opinion doenst change anything as its just a number

2 Likes

I received a ton of bot followers back in 2018, probably about 80% of my 1473 followers are just these bots.

7 Likes

My friend just got a lot of terminated botted followers and can’t remove them
You can remove a follower by blocking them, this can get removed on your followers

Note that this only works if they are not terminated

When you unblock them, they won’t be added back to followers

2 Likes

That’s not really a feasible option for people.

1. It takes forever.
  2. You can only do 100 at a time(due to the block limit).
  3. Some people use the block feature.

Roblox really should have a place where people can request to have botted followers/friends removed.

7 Likes