Keep player afloat when in midair or when player is jumping

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want the player to stay afloat in the air, moving as if on the ground, while they are jumping.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Like this video from DFFNT (ignore the yt vid play), Around 0:04 Cloud starts running in midair, how can I recreate this exactly?

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Now I have tried modifying an existing “Press Q to float” script by checking if the player jumps and activating said script, but I can’t seem to get it to work. :confused:

Any kind of help is a-ok!

2 Likes

Use an animation that gets the plyer up. All you really need to do is just create the animation and select the lower torso(torso if your in R6) and just make it go up.

A really hacky idea, but it works, is to set the player’s humanoid’s HipHeight to something like 6 when they reach the highest point in their jump. (basically wait for their HRP’s Y velocity to be < 1)
And then set it back to the default HipHeight when you want them to stop floating.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/BodyForce

1 Like

Yes, this will probably work. However, you will be stuck in the falling animation.

You can force humanoid state to whatever you want.

1 Like

Oh, yes, I forgot. Sry

Although changing the hip-height is a lot simpler, since it only requires one line of code.
But in the end, its all OP’s choice on what to do.