Kicking Player if DataStore Fails?

Of course this would only be if the Data fails to Load when the player joins. But would it be a good idea to kick the player if this load fails so it doesn’t mess up their saved data? Or should I approach this situation with a different method :thinking:

I did it this way, I think this would be the best option because there really isn’t a good reason to keep the player in the game if the data does not load. I would just tell the player that the save did not load.

1 Like

If the datastoews fails, why don’t you just allow them to manually load in the data again during fhere play session? Kicking them may cause user annoyance

Some players couldn’t understand why they got kicked for different reasons:
1.They don’t know what a DataStore is
2.They get mad because they have to rejoin

So I suggest to just make a frame that appears when the data fails to load.
And to don’t have a server full of players with a data fail you can kick them after a certain time.

If you have a way to detect it not loading in the first place, reload it? Instead of kicking them, use TeleportService to reload them into the game instead if kicking is your preferred method.

If you don’t feel like implementing checks to make sure your data has been loaded successfully before saving, yes, this is acceptable.

If you do kick them, make sure to notify them that their data has failed to load, and that they’ve been kicked to prevent the data from being corrupted and that they should come back later. It would make sure that that particular person doesn’t think they’ve been banned.

Use a notification to notify that their data was not loaded. Then, loop-loading the data per lets say 2 seconds. Then, after like 10 tries, the user will get disconnected with a message stating that their data failed to load.