Kinda spooooky castle interior

I’ve been working on this thing for a long while now, and I wanted to show off what i’ve done so far. I know i’m not the greatest at building, but personally I think I did a really good job. It still needs lots of work, and there’s lots of room for improvement.
But anyways here’s a bunch of pictures for you.

In-game Screenshots

Object Details

(There are a bunch of different varients of this Candelabra)

(There are also a bunch of different varients of this Candelabra as well)

(Lots of curtain variants as well)

I don’t think the wardrobe is quite done… it feels like something is missing, but I can’t quite place it…

GIFs

lightning
Lighting and Thunder happen often, with the sound of rain just outside the windows. The timing, and the amount of flashes in the lighting are all random, to keep things fresh.
Torchlight
Torches flicker in the darkness like real flames. The amount of flicker, and how fast it flickers, is entirely random.
Lanternlight
The same happens with the player’s lantern.

I still have a lot to do to make this worthy of being “Popular” however I really wanted to show what i’ve done, as i’m very proud of what I as able to do.

–edit, added a bunch of new screenshots. 5 of them are In-game Screenshots, and the last one is a Wardrobe in Object Details. Constructive criticism is welcomed.

41 Likes

That looks amazing. The flickering of lights and lightning gives it a spooky feel.
wish I could build like that.
I just wanna know how much time did it take to build.

1 Like

I don’t know which words to use to describe the beauty of your map. In my opinion, you belong in EBR!

1 Like

Very nice work, looks spooky! :ghost:

1 Like

This look awesome!
Do you have a date set for the games release yet?

1 Like

That looks really amazing. Also ain’t sure if its me or not but the screenshots reminds me of something from Luigi’s Mansion.

1 Like

This is just amazing bro, it totally deserves to get popular! Wish you the best of luck with our project!

1 Like

I actually find the programming in the GIF’s detailed, along with the models and hours (at most) you made the castle in!

2 Likes

I’ve been working on this in small bursts since 2017, but this year because of quarantine I’ve been working on it a lot more. Overall i’d say with the amount i’ve made, it’s taken me about 7 months total.

1 Like

Not yet, needs lots of work first, though I hope to get a small demo out before halloween!

1 Like

Nice Work, I like the dark lighting :smiley:

1 Like

Lugi’s Mansion is one of my inspirations for this, the other is Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Best bet would be to use non-roblox textures, currently it doesn’t think your aesthetic due to roblox being a cartoony-kind of place. I’d either go for a more realistic approach in choosing material.

1 Like

I could try that in the future, however i’m not very good at making textures.

There is some in the toolbox that are used widely, Professional Texture Pack - Roblox
or the other version here,
Textures/ Materials - Roblox

I’d recommend these if you want to try texturing. I’d recommend these ones since I still actively use these.

2 Likes

Thanks, i’ll try these out tomorrow.

1 Like

Incredible job! I love all the different Objects and that you’ve made multiple versions of some to make them all different from eachother. Personally I don’t think there’s anything more needed for the wardrobe, it looks amazing as it is. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve got a lot more done since the last update. Still aiming for a small early demo before halloween.

Is this all made in roblox, amazing!
You have done a amazing job in this!

1 Like

Yes, this is entirely made in studio, no outside programs used. I’m glad you like it!