Known issue for Macbooks running macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and higher

It’s been a year

I know, that’s what worries me the most about this. Have a feeling it will be resolved soon though (hoping it will at least).

I don’t know what more you could expect. As mentioned in the latest staff response, the problem is the magnitude of the issue – not the effort put into it. The problem isn’t going to get any easier to solve the more inconveniencing it gets. In the meantime, you have a perfectly fine workaround – take advantage of it.

1 Like

Kind of a late response, but I’ve been dealing with this ever since I got my iMac. I’ve found that if you resize your Studio window and make it smaller it will fix this issue. Then when you’re done typing your code and want to go back to building or whatever you can make your window larger again.

Interesting I will try this out (I also have an iMac).

p.s. I like your ironic name :laughing:

You can try these steps too

@TheGuyWithAShortName

2 Likes

Yes, I currently use the color profile method. Although it is quite inconvenient, you do what you’ve got to do. :confused:

Will buying Windows 10 fix this?

this isn’t just lagging script editor, it’s also lagging the entire studio.
i can’t run an empty baseplate without getting MASSIVE amounts of lag, and this has ever been since I upgraded to sierra.

Thank you all for patiently waiting.

Please rest assured, Roblox staff are actively looking into this issue and once we have more information someone will post here with all the details.

1 Like

A fix for this is now live. You can type freely again!

12 Likes

Yay, I can actually have SRGB settings enabled again; yet there is still the test server initial run issue on macOS, which I guess I will make a thread about soon if no one has been notified of it yet.

Do you press Test and just nothing happens? Like it opens a new window, wait, then it just shuts again? I haven’t tested the patch yet, I’ll edit when I do.

Also, @Silent137 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Yes, instead it opens and does not connect to the test server, and I have to go into the activity monitor and manually quit it in order for it to run properly. Also, if I don’t quit the failed to open test window then all other test windows thereafter will cease to work.

This is especially annoying since I am constantly testing a multi-player game.

p.s. Does this issue occur randomly and frequently for you as it does for me?

We’re aware of the issue with Start Server/Player and it’s next on our list of High Sierra issues.

1 Like

This is happening on macOS Sierra too though, specifically 10.12.6 on a 2017 5k iMac.

Looks like the laggy script editor is back on Mac since the last studio update. Any one else experiencing it?

5 Likes

Yep I’m also experiencing it

1 Like

@Silent137 looks like it’s back :disappointed:

1 Like

Yep, me as well

4 Likes